• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Well...I'm having another go at it. I'm buying a place just over the line, about 15 minutes south of Gettysburg.

I will have 10+ acres of my own, mostly wooded. No other houses for 500' in any direction.

* What are some good gun shops in the area? (mostly into modern firearms)
    * Are there any good ranges nearby?
    * How are people about you shooting on your own property?

A few AWESOME black powder and antique gun shops in Gettysburg. If I was staying on the East Coast, Adams County would be it. They have a VERY good and personable police department as well.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    Mike Cummings in downtown Littlestown and Reddings hardware in Gettysburg.
    I recently bought a little cottage in Littlestown. I like the area.

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Howdy neighbors!

As mentioned, State Line in Emmittsburg or Reddings in Gettysburg( http://reddingshardware.com/ ) are good plus there is an IP Bollinger's in Taneytown and Lock Stock & Barrel(in Taneytown also but not an IP).

Littlestown Fish & Game is a nice and inexpensive place to shoot, especially sporting clays and 3D archery=> http://www.sportingclayandtrap.org/

These guys are pretty close, also=> http://brsportsmens.com/

Just let me know if you need any deer removed from your property via bow! :D

tcc722

Jul 3, 2010
    PA
    Unless you have some real a-hole neighbors, you should be good to go with shooting on your property. My neighbors are on 3-5 acre plots and we all shoot on our property. I am pretty sure every one of my neighbors own guns.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    I drove back from Harrisburg down through Carlisle and Hanover. Really liked that hilly country with farms and lots of beautiful views. I am thinking of looking around up there and would like to get 10 acres or so too. Let me know how you make out with the cabin.

Conductor

Mar 14, 2014
    Loudoun County, VA
    If any of you guys are approaching retirement age, be advised that PA does not tax pensions or other "un-earned income".
    My best friend moved from Frederick County to Franklin County, PA (Chambersburg is the county seat). His last year in MD cost him $7700 in state income tax, including the 60% county "piggy-back tax". He pays no state income tax in PA because all his income is from his pensions and dividends from his IRA.

tomh

Jul 21, 2008
    If any of you guys are approaching retirement age, be advised that PA does not tax pensions or other "un-earned income".
    My best friend moved from Frederick County to Franklin County, PA (Chambersburg is the county seat). His last year in MD cost him $7700 in state income tax, including the 60% county "piggy-back tax". He pays no state income tax in PA because all his income is from his pensions and dividends from his IRA.

What are the better counties in PA to investigate? I want to get a 40+ acre property I can shoot on, and being in the hills near mountains would be a plus.

I have a seasonal campsite in Gettysburg and have loved the area. But I was told that Adams county was not as good as some more western counties. True?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom