• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    I'll be making a trip to northern PA and trying to hit up as many gun stores as possible. I'm looking for specific items as well as seeing if I can get lucky with some guns I've been looking for. Savage FV-SR, savage mk II 10rd mags, 30rd Pmags/lancers for my AR15, 20rd Magpul 7.62 mags for my AR10, BX25s for my ruger 10/22s and possibly other stuff that could possibly peak my interest. I'll be starting from Anne Arundel county so I figure my first major stop will be York and eventually end up in Williamsport. This is my planned route:

York > Harrisburg > Hamburg > Williamsport

That means I'll be able to hit one Cabelas, 3 Gander Mountains and a Bass Pro. I'll then be spending the night in Williamsport and driving back the next morning. I'm also interested in the smaller, family owned gun stores but I'd like recommendations. If they are along that route, that'd be fantastic. I'd prefer to stay that route but if there's a highly recommended store I should definitely check out that would require me to deviate from my planned track a few miles, that's fine as well. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! I prefer to shop at family owned stores instead of chains but seeing as I don't know any in PA, I felt it best to ask here :D

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    There is Trop Gun in Elizabethtown, Shyda's Outdoor Center in Lebanon, and Richland's in Richland, PA.
    I found out about Trop here on this forum. Nice shop/range even though I didn't buy anything the one time I've been there. They carry everything. I've been going to Shyda's for years for shotshell reloading components. Lots of shotguns, hunting rifles, handguns, reloading supplies and ammo. I know they do sell AR's. I don't know how much accessories for AR's they have. They also have a clothing section. Richland's is smaller. I mostly go there because it's close to Shyda's and to get shotgun reloading supplies that Shyda's is out of. No AR stuff. If you don't have time skip this one.
    A buddy and I went to the York gun show and these three places in one day. It was fun and fruitful trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Question: I'm doing a trip also up to Willamsport, PA next week.
    Any advice in that area?
    I'm unfortunatly, not able to detour to Shydas, have to get up to Williamport right away when I go, but I'll be up there for almost a day and a half with some down time before I return, but then returning at night so most shops on I-83 comming back will be closed.
    Thx for any suggestions. Looking for C&R and Reloading powder

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Both of these may be out of your way, but I thought I would mention them as this is turning into a nice PA thread. The other thing I do often is use my Yelp App to figure out what shops are in an area. Of course not all are listed, but you may be surprised.

It has been some years since I was up there, but a little west is Juniata Trading Co. We would go there every year to get our license. http://juniatatrading.com Very nice place, but not sure what they have there these days.

The other one that we would hit is Laurel Gun Shop in Bedford. I don't see a website for them.
    Contact Info:
    Laurel Sport Shop Inc
    (814) 623-9575
    227 West Pitt St
    Bedford, PA. 15522
    Mailing Address:
    Laurel Sport Shop Inc
    227 West Pitt St
    Bedford, PA. 15522

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    National Sporting Goods in Jersey Shore, PA is good if you're in the Williamsport area.

OP, not sure of your route from Hamburg to Williamsport, but I looked on Google maps. You can swing through Centralia, PA with only a couple extra miles compared to their recommended route. Granted, it's getting to be that there's not a lot to see there anymore, but if you've never been there, it could be worth the detour.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    These guys in Northumberland are great! It's a bit less than an hour south of Williamsport. When you get to the 11/15 split in Sellinsgrove (you'll be staring at Ted's Landing), take 11N to the right. After you cross the bridge into Northumberland, hang a right. It'll be 5 minutes up the road on your left.

http://www.littlesportsmanshop.com/

There's also another there called Young's. They're a small shop and nice enough people, but... charge $32 a piece for THERMOLD MAGAZINES :shocking:

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    These guys in Northumberland are great! It's a bit less than an hour south of Williamsport. When you get to the 11/15 split in Sellinsgrove (you'll be staring at Ted's Landing), take 11N to the right. After you cross the bridge into Northumberland, hang a right. It'll be 5 minutes up the road on your left.

After you cross the bridge into Northumberland, hang a LEFT (onto 147N) and it's about 5 minutes up the road.

Alternately, if you're already in Williamsport, take 15 south, to I80 E across the river, to the first exit, 147 South. The shop is almost 10 miles south of I80.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    After you cross the bridge into Northumberland, hang a LEFT (onto 147N) and it's about 5 minutes up the road.

Alternately, if you're already in Williamsport, take 15 south, to I80 E across the river, to the first exit, 147 South. The shop is almost 10 miles south of I80.

147, that's the route number. It escaped me even though I was just there a couple weeks ago, haha.

Panzer Radeo

National Wanderer
    Apr 21, 2014
    Thanks for the all the replies. Work has been a bit crazy lately. I'll definitely consider visiting these places on the way.

TwinTurboDiesel

Hellbilly Punk
    May 21, 2012
    Bel Air, MD
    National Sporting Goods in Jersey Shore, PA is good if you're in the Williamsport area.

OP, not sure of your route from Hamburg to Williamsport, but I looked on Google maps. You can swing through Centralia, PA with only a couple extra miles compared to their recommended route. Granted, it's getting to be that there's not a lot to see there anymore, but if you've never been there, it could be worth the detour.

Such a sad place. Really is. Been there several times. Its been going downhill faster and faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    One of my favorite shops is Tanner's in Jamison. They have specials posted on facebook from time to time as well. Bought my M&P15 sport from there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Kell Brothers in ElizabethVILLE , Pa .

But seriously everywhere in rural/ small town Pa there is a small to medimum sized indpendent gun store.just drive on any non- Interstate hwy , and anytime you see a sign that says Guns , or Sporting Goods , pull over and take a quick look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom