• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tconfo

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2008
    Harford County
    Has anyone been there. I used the search feature and only 2 threads came out and one post actually named it. Before it gets too cold I want to take my son camping sometime this week and see gettysburg while im there. Any tips or pointers? We will be tent camping and I want to bring my dog. Is this allowed? Website says next to nothing about this. Im not new to cold weather camping but its a skill I want to teach my son. Just haven't camped in Maryland or Pennsylvania.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I took the family for week long trips several times and used their small cabins - sleeps six, kitchenette and small bathroom. Had a blast. Kids went to craft house every day and also spent a lot of time in the pool. They added the rear pool complex the summer after our last trip there.

We always felt safe there. Parents in law brought their camper so the kids went back and forth all day long. Nice pond for fishing/paddle boats and the trails are very bikable

Don't have specific memories about dogs

---
    Shamr0ck

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    We've stayed at Artillery Ridge Campground several times. Nice place, dogs and horses allowed. You can take a guided horseback ride through the battlefield from the campground. My brother in law stayed at Drummerboy all the time, then there was change of ownership and he had a very bad experience and uses Artillery Ridge now. That was several years ago, so things may have gotten better.

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    Good point about ownership. Fwiw, we stayed there in the early 2000s and went three years straight.

A more recent data point is probably wise

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    The wife and I used to stay at Gettysburg CG. It's a little out of town but nice small campground and family owned. Owner actually walks around in the evenings if he's not busy greeting people and introducing himself. Nice place. The only reason we stopped going was a group of 6 families were going somewhere else and my wife and I decided to join them instead of doing it by ourselves. BTW we only went there in the Fall for the Halloween weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom