• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    N. Hanover > S. Hanover.... like eating there and points west. Wife works there.. never a problem. LOT of nice towns just N of there, Abbotstown, New Oxford and E Berlin to name a few.

Ditto. I like New Oxford a lot.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Hanover residents. What are y'all using for internet service? I don't need tv. Just internet. Wanna avoid comcast unless i can get good deal. not home enough to need it and gonna get a Chromecast anyway

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks! Nice ride!!!

Timeline Arcade is BADASS. $9 an hour for all you can play and they have all the classics. Simpsons Arcade, Time Crisis 2, House of the Dead, Dr. Dude Pinball.... and it's BYOB Friday and Saturday nights :party29:

I wasn't impressed with Texas Weiner on Broadway. I sat there in front of the register waiting for 10 minutes with no acknowledgment whatsoever so I left, not even a hello. They weren't slammed either. Maybe their other locations are more customer friendly.

Gonna have to check out Cordorus state park for hiking, camping and mountain biking.

Love this city!!!!!

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Thanks! Nice ride!!!

Timeline Arcade is BADASS. $9 an hour for all you can play and they have all the classics. Simpsons Arcade, Time Crisis 2, House of the Dead, Dr. Dude Pinball.... and it's BYOB Friday and Saturday nights :party29:

I wasn't impressed with Texas Weiner on Broadway. I sat there in front of the register waiting for 10 minutes with no acknowledgment whatsoever so I left, not even a hello. They weren't slammed either. Maybe their other locations are more customer friendly.

Gonna have to check out Cordorus state park for hiking, camping and mountain biking.

Love this city!!!!!
    Was it Famous Hot Weiner? That's on Broadway, Texas Hot Weiner is on the main road (Rt 30 coming from Maryland). I like Texas Hot Weiner better than Famous Hot Weiner, and Texas has the one location only.

Our neighbors frequently go to Codorus and love it.

Claire's Diner has great broasted chicken.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/clairs-family-restaurant-hanover

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I'm looking for a rental in Hanover / Littlestown for one or two more years before buying a place, hopefully in the same area, to keep our daughter in the same school.

Most of the rentals I have seen in both areas (many weekends spent looking) are very old homes, with heating systems just as old and no AC.

My job allows me to work from home a good portion of the year, so having up to date heating with AC and high speed internet are a must as I'm home a lot.

This has pointed me in the direction of Hanover Apartments and York Village apartments both in Hanover.
    The online reviews for both were good, does anyone else have any experience with either of these places or have any other suggestions?

I'm looking to move asap as soon as school lets out, so were settled before the next school year.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Altland House In Abbottstown is EXCELLANT food, a bit slow but good. Found a Thai place in Harrisburg tonight, WAYYYYYYYYYYYY better then the overpriced crap place in Rehoboth the tourist rave about. :thumbsup: 36 bucks for 2 w/appetizer!

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I'm looking for a rental in Hanover / Littlestown for one or two more years before buying a place,
    I have a couple of friends that have some good rentals. If you want I'll ask them if they have any available. PM some details, how many bedrooms and location.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Sorry I haven't posted back. LOVE this city. Nice folks, tons to do, cheap..... Corny but this feels like "real America" compared to the bmore dc corridor. 3 hogs bbq, timeline arcade, cordorus state park , El Rodeo, are all amazing. My only regret is my current job keeps me in Frederick most of the time. The area as a whole seems to be very patriotic, down to earth, blue collar folks. Hopefully my next career choice will be closer to here and better hours.
    To the folks looking to make the leap, do it! This place is awesome. Although housing wise, Penn township and mcsherrystown are probably better options than downtown where I live.
    Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Sorry I haven't posted back. LOVE this city. Nice folks, tons to do, cheap..... Corny but this feels like "real America" compared to the bmore dc corridor. 3 hogs bbq, timeline arcade, cordorus state park , El Rodeo, are all amazing. ...

I warned you...

http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.ssf/2014/06/check_out_wendys_in_hanover_an.html
    Regular inspection.
    Person in Charge does not have adequate knowledge of food safety in this food facility as evidenced by this non-compliant inspection; container of beef in the walk-in cooler stored open with no covering; loose rubber door gaskets on the refrigeration unit located on cooks line; discolored (black) and deeply-scored cutting boards not resurfaced or discarded, as required; underside of soda dispenser nozzles had black slimy bacteria around the nozzle fittings; tortilla chips storage containers' handles dirty to the sight and touch and in need of cleaning; drains in kitchen and bar area had black soot, trash and food debris; dry stock storage area soiled with food and trash -- in need of cleaning; clean dish racks observed stored on the floor in warewashing area; plumbing system not maintained in good repair -- observed leaks at the top and bottom area of the two-compartment sink; missing floor tile in warewashing and rear area of food facility; cardboard being utilized as shelving covering; ceiling tiles missing in the rear and dining area -- needs replaced; food facility not removing dead insects from control devices frequently, as evidenced by dead roaches in numerous areas of kitchen.

http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.ssf/2014/06/cumberland_county_restaurant_i_3.html

We need to get together for beer sometime at Warehouse.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011

Tonight? Sunday? Monday? I'm down! Never been. Been meaning to check out Bourbon Grill as well and was told NOT to go to Franklin House, which is literally like 2 blocks from my house.

Also, kinda gross about El Rodeo, but that was some of the best Mexican food I've ever had. I'll take the risk :D

Aloha animal hospital is great if you have any pets. Dr. Jenkins is a great guy and has never done me wrong. Ive been taking my pets to him for almost 20 years. Has a very nice staff also.

:thumbsup: With my next career, first thing I plann on doing is going to the shelter and getting a Dutch or German Shepherd mix of some sorts....good to know this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom