• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    The only local outdoor range I have found online for the Hanover area, is Green Springs Rod and gun club.
    After checking out the site, the rules & bylaws, I don't think it's a fit for me. (no magnum rounds, no steel targets etc...)

Maybe someone here can point me in the right direction? Maybe it's private land that would be the answer?

I have also been told by people here in town, they shoot far out on state forest land, but everything I have read online states that isn't actually legal.

I'm Looking to shoot this AR-500 target https://www.rsrsteeltargets.com/product/RSR-002-RST.html with rifles at 100-150 yds, and also want to be able to practice pistol drawing, from an IWB concealed holster, which most ranges frown on.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    I haven't been shooting since the move a few weeks ago. When I have big gaps in range trips, is usually when bad habits find their way back.

Last edited:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    There are a lot of small private ranges all over Southern Pennsylvania. I think they tend to be geared toward different types of shooting. I know Seitzland is good for High Power; I don't know about your steel/

York Isaac Walton has a lot of steel shooting, handgun but also three gun. You could check with them. Delta has regular handgun steel matches. Check them out, too.

But I know there are a lot more little ranges up your way. Alucard has mentioned he often has his range to himself, and is able to do all sorts of holster drills, movement, etc. If he or someone else doesn't add something more specific, you might try pestering him.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    There are a lot of small private ranges all over Southern Pennsylvania. I think they tend to be geared toward different types of shooting. I know Seitzland is good for High Power; I don't know about your steel/

York Isaac Walton has a lot of steel shooting, handgun but also three gun. You could check with them. Delta has regular handgun steel matches. Check them out, too.

But I know there are a lot more little ranges up your way. Alucard has mentioned he often has his range to himself, and is able to do all sorts of holster drills, movement, etc. If he or someone else doesn't add something more specific, you might try pestering him.

Thanks a lot for the heads up!! I have been to the York IWL fun shoots, and had a lot of fun. That IWL event is really what got me wanting to shoot steel.

I was hoping for something similar, just a bit closer to Hanover. Maybe I'll ry tracking Mr. Alucard down for advice too, thanks again!!

Turbohugh

Squib..
    Jan 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Kind of far for you but my favorite outdoor spot is Delmarva Sporting Clays. You can shoot anything you want basically [with permission] as long as you clean up.
    They also have steel pistol setup but I like to put walking targets out on the 200yard berm and shoot at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom