• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    I am considering joining there, but forgot to ask one question when I asked a few others at their website email link...

Mainly to shoot my AR...

Range Rules say "no armor piercing ammo", so as a newbie, I assume that means no M855?

Does anyone know if regular old steel cased Wolf ammo is OK or not? I have a chance to get a case fairly cheap, and if allowed, I think it'd be perfect for this type of use, since it's a bit cheaper than brass .223.

Took them a while to get back to me on the other questions, so figured I'd ask on here and hopefully hear an answer from someone who's a member or knows the rules...

Dmacri25

Ultimate Member
    Mar 15, 2014
    BelAir,MD
    AFAIK, Only .50 BMG or Armor piercing Incendiary or tracers are prohibited. I have specifically shot lots of m855 there so your good.

All steel cased ammo is fine. I specifically joined to be able to enjoy my AK's cheaper.

All in All its a nice range. People, many members here, are very nice and respectful. Three second rule is strictly followed, so just keep that in mind. 80% of the time I have the place to myself. There are usually some target stands, however this is not guaranteed.

Im more then glad to take you up as a guest. Pm me if interested.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    AFAIK, Only .50 BMG or Armor piercing Incendiary or tracers are prohibited. I have specifically shot lots of m855 there so your good.

All steel cased ammo is fine. I specifically joined to be able to enjoy my AK's cheaper.

All in All its a nice range. People, many members here, are very nice and respectful. Three second rule is strictly followed, so just keep that in mind. 80% of the time I have the place to myself. There are usually some target stands, however this is not guaranteed.

Im more then glad to take you up as a guest. Pm me if interested.

I just may have to take you up on that. I've never been there, but heard it was a nice range. Just following some of the back and forth AGC threads, I have no desire to go there.

That's awesome that I can shoot either my M855 or the steel cased stuff there. I only asked about "armor piercing" due to all the recent hype about the M-855 being armor piercing...just wanted to make sure.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Friendly, and there is usually no one else there when you go.

The only downside is Pikes Peak Road is basically all gravel, your vehicle will get dirty.

onatsky

Ultimate Member
    Feb 17, 2010
    Parkville MD
    I am considering joining there, but forgot to ask one question when I asked a few others at their website email link...

Mainly to shoot my AR...

Range Rules say "no armor piercing ammo", so as a newbie, I assume that means no M855?

Does anyone know if regular old steel cased Wolf ammo is OK or not? I have a chance to get a case fairly cheap, and if allowed, I think it'd be perfect for this type of use, since it's a bit cheaper than brass .223.

Took them a while to get back to me on the other questions, so figured I'd ask on here and hopefully hear an answer from someone who's a member or knows the rules...

Dropby the shop, i'll give you an application form... Ron

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom