• squirrels

Who cooks for you?
    Jan 25, 2008

Last edited:

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    I've only been in that area during the day, but no problems there. I know there is crime there (and more at night), but not so much that I'd wait for Baltimore as my other option.

Gunadoit

Mar 9, 2013
    Not a bad area. The Left Bank restaurant is just North of the Strand, on George St. Best fine dining in York.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have no idea what it's "like" but just from driving through it doesn't look much different than the non-boarded up parts of Bmore row homes.

reddobie0

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    Lost Somewhere
    You will be fine. I used to go the Strand all the time as a kid. Now one of my attorneys has their office across the street. You can cruise the the strip and get pulled over for going around too many times, if they still do it.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    York is fine. It would make for a nice night away than going to Baltimore.

Depending on what you are going to see, let the expectation of the venue determine your choice (ie, the performance may be better because of a smaller venue, or the only night scheduled at that venue, first time performing there ever/X many years).

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    You will be fine. I used to go the Strand all the time as a kid. Now one of my attorneys has their office across the street. You can cruise the the strip and get pulled over for going around too many times, if they still do it.

lol, I remember that nonsense from my teenage days. Car clubs used to cruise around there all the time and they'd ticket you if you passed the same spot 3 times :bigwhoop:

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Any gunshops near York, PA?

Anyplace to pickup some 'standard capacity' magazines between York and the Maryland line?

Both of these are easy to get to off I-83

The Gun Bunker: 60 E Forrest Ave, Shrewsbury, PA 17361

I've called and ordered colt mags for my 9mm carbine. It took them a week and the price was normal for that product.

I'd call them. They are small, but I found them friendly. Started out as a guy who took in estate guns and there used to be some wild old military stuff. Seems like a new guy, (guys?). Small but a fun out-of-the-way gun shop.

Freedom Armory: 10598 2nd Amendment Dr, Glen Rock, PA 17327

More stock, more modern, with a small range.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Last edited:

mercop

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 7, 2008
    SW PA
    I used to bounce downtown at Cobblestones and frequent Haines Cigar. No good reason to go there at night unless I am getting paid to do so. Outskirts are OK- George

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom