• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    I was wondering if referials are still needed to get an LTCF ? Or is it still part of their process when they were may issue .

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I was wondering if referials are still needed to get an LTCF ? Or is it still part of their process when they were may issue .

Yes, I provided 2 references that were not family members on my application.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    The two I supplied in York county were Md residents and were never contacted. I Know York county doesn't bother calling references.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    I did mine I'm in red lion York county had to provide 2 one didn't live in PA they didn't even call had it in less then a week

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Cool. I still don't know many people up there given my job and family are in Maryland. I was worried they'd have to be PA residents.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    Cool. I still don't know many people up there given my job and family are in Maryland. I was worried they'd have to be PA residents.

One of mine was from PA, one from MD. They never contacted either one.

The law only says they can't be family and York County is not known for making up its own statutes on the fly. You should be fine.

The whole reference thing is a joke anyway.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    The whole reference thing is a joke anyway.

MY references don't like to be called "JOKES". careful :smoke:

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    We'll be expecting a full report!

(told you I was here) :D

Well after procrastinating and being busy i went to the york county court house thinking it was about time to just go a head and do it. So i go in friday afternoon and Monday i get the call to pick up my permit. Funny thing is i work when the sheriff's office is open so i will have to wait until Saturday to pick it up. Talk about fast turn around time. Well toto I am not in Maryland any more.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    Well after procrastinating and being busy i went to the york county court house thinking it was about time to just go a head and do it. So i go in friday afternoon and Monday i get the call to pick up my permit. Funny thing is i work when the sheriff's office is open so i will have to wait until Saturday to pick it up. Talk about fast turn around time. Well toto I am not in Maryland any more.
    While that's not bad, (and could be worse, look at Filthadelphia) it's certainly not as nice as some counties. Last I heard, Mifflin (and some others) issues while you wait. They don't waste your time or theirs making you come back a second time.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania
    While that's not bad, (and could be worse, look at Filthadelphia) it's certainly not as nice as some counties. Last I heard, Mifflin (and some others) issues while you wait. They don't waste your time or theirs making you come back a second time.

York used to issue while you wait, but things got to the point where the lines were just too long. :cool:

You don't have to go twice, just mail in the app and wait a day or 2, they'll mail a letter to you telling you to come get it. That's when they take your pic and hand you your LTCF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom