• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I wonder if the capital building is a gun free zone for the general public?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I can't find any information that says it is prohibited.

i will keep looking a bit more

I found a pdf that says LE on duty only.

it was simply a survey, not a cite.

They have metal detectors at the entrances

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Just wondering if the peasants are allowed the same right of self protection as the royalty.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    found this.

Attachments

• pa1.jpg
      pa1.jpg
      61.8 KB · Views: 242
    • pa2.jpg
      pa2.jpg
      49.3 KB · Views: 227

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Carry would be allowed in the PA State House, except for the obscure "courtroom" exception. There is a room somewhere in the building designated as a "Magistrate Court" or some such. It is almost never used, but they still consider it active simply in order to protect the fragile snowflake (mostly from Philly and environs) legiscritters from becoming frightened by those evil guns.

I've been there, they have a storage facility to check your gun before you go through the magnetometer. It's a bunch of bins behind a Capitol Police desk, think of an old post office with a wall full of mailboxes. You fill out a form, they tear off the bottom half of the form as your receipt (with the bin number written on it) and when you come back out you give them the receipt and they retrieve your gun. The police are pretty good with the whole process, and in my experience are supportive of the citizens.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    What Shafted said.

On occasion, I join our counterparts in Pa for their equivalent of 2A Tuesday, and tag along to Legislator visits to compare notes.

The way my PAFOA friends explain it, there is a room on the top floor that gets used for a Hearing once a year, and the entire State Capitol bld is then considered a " Court Facility " . And their bld is Huge, way bigger than all the Maryland buildings combined.

The 2A forces would like to either see that status removed, or restricted to the Hearing Room only, but I haven't heard any progress. Admittedly I don't shift my focus to neighboring states until the day after Sine Day in Md.

But the check in station is friendly and courteous. Their Capitol Police don't bat an eye over every possible firearm, both open and conceal on the front steps, or anywhere on the grounds .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom