• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I heard that a pa concealed carry was not valid in phila. I looked but came up without finding the restriction. To the contrary, it seems phila is exempted from enforcing local gun laws. I am a md resident with a pa ccw permit. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    From my understanding Phila. is not open carry , CC is fine . OC in all other towns in PA okay .

IANAL please check all building and any private property laws .

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I heard that a pa concealed carry was not valid in phila. I looked but came up without finding the restriction. To the contrary, it seems phila is exempted from enforcing local gun laws. I am a md resident with a pa ccw permit. Can anyone steer me in the right direction?

Incorrect.

From my understanding Phila. is not open carry , CC is fine . OC in all other towns in PA okay .

IANAL please check all building and any private property laws .

Close.

OC is fine in all of PA without a permit except in cities of "First Class". Philadephia is the only place in PA that is one of those cities so you will need to have a valid PA LTCF to OC in Philly.

Yes, you can CC or OC in Philly but they both need an LTCF to do so.

Incorrect.

Close.

OC is fine in all of PA without a permit except in cities of "First Class". Philadephia is the only place in PA that is one of those cities so you will need to have a valid PA LTCF to OC in Philly.

Yes, you can CC or OC in Philly but they both need an LTCF to do so.

100% correct.

ETA- OC with a LTCF is legal in Philly, but expect to be harassed by the Philly PD. I highly recommend carrying concealed to avoid the hassle.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    You also need a LTCF to open carry during a state of emergency which is in effect due to the opioid crisis

Nobody

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    As others have said highly recommended you conceal carry in Philly. Never had any issues. Open carry there will obviously draw more eyes and potentially phone calls on you. People in Philly aren't use to seeing openly carried firearms as a legal right.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    As others have said highly recommended you conceal carry in Philly. Never had any issues. Open carry there will obviously draw more eyes and potentially phone calls on you. People in Philly aren't use to seeing openly carried firearms as a legal right.

Thanks. Only concerned about concealed carry in phila on a current pa ccw permit. For some reason i had in my head phila had other requirements.

chauncey

Feb 17, 2019
    I am Not a Lawyer

Pennsylvania has preemption that prohibits local jurisdictions from passing gun laws.

In spite of this some local jurisdictions like Philly pass gun laws and try to enforce them anyway. Until they lose a lawsuit for enforcing such laws, illegally.

So keep it concealed.

When I carried in Philly I also carried less expensive firearms in the event I was stopped while legally carrying and my firearm was unlawfully confiscated by Philly PD and I didn't want to hire a lawyer to get it back.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I am Not a Lawyer

Pennsylvania has preemption that prohibits local jurisdictions from passing gun laws.

In spite of this some local jurisdictions like Philly pass gun laws and try to enforce them anyway. Until they lose a lawsuit for enforcing such laws, illegally.

So keep it concealed.

When I carried in Philly I also carried less expensive firearms in the event I was stopped while legally carrying and my firearm was unlawfully confiscated by Philly PD and I didn't want to hire a lawyer to get it back.

Philly has no problem with concealed carry, well except they don't like it. They do however have disdain for open carry, which is legal with a LTCF. From what i have read on pafoa (pa's mdshooters) and seen from viper, a user there most Philly cops will argue you must conceal. But alas open carry is legal in Philly. And the have had thier peepees smacked for arresting people for it and will now just try to use ego to get you to conceal.

I have concealed there many times and have had zero issues.

Nobody

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom