• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Bernstine has introduced House Bill 1412 to abolish concealed carry laws for anyone otherwise cleared to own a gun in the state.

“If you only want to carry in Pennsylvania, you should not need a concealed license to carry,” Bernstine said. “We have that under Article 1, Section 21, of the Pennsylvania Constitution where it says the right to bear arms shall not be questioned.”

The local lawmaker says his bill preserves concealed carry permits for those who wish to carry in other states.

“If you want to carry outside of Pennsylvania, you would be able to have the opportunity to obtain that license to go to those other states where we have reciprocity,” Bernstine said.

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019/05/07/aaron-bernstine-abolish-pennsylvania-concealed-carry-law/

Bill tracking page: https://legiscan.com/PA/bill/HB1412/2019

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    So they have these restrictions for handguns that go against their constitution (not sure how that is allowed) and it takes another bill to be able to uphold their own constitutional rights.

I’m so confused... LOLLIPOPS
    Just a thought.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    So they have these restrictions for handguns that go against their constitution (not sure how that is allowed) and it takes another bill to be able to uphold their own constitutional rights.

Just a thought.

Don't forget that the state is our northern neighbor and surrounded on three sides by gun grabbing states, so it's easy for the anti-Civil Rights infection to spread...

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Don't forget that the state is our northern neighbor and surrounded on three sides by gun grabbing states, so it's easy for the anti-Civil Rights infection to spread...

One could argue 4 sides, almost surrounding PA.

Only the little sliver of West By God Virginia pan handle is freedom loving, Ohio can be onerous in its own right.

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

Just a thought.

It is allowed because the side who has the most organized guns gets to make and enforce the rules. "They",not us are that side. It is how history has always been written.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Just a thought.

What restrictions on handguns? PA is open carry. Getting an LTC for CCW takes about an hour including the drive time.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Substantial restrictions on handguns , or those who don't have a LTC .

They can Open Carry, but only as far as they can walk .Their list of approved destination to transort by vehicle is even shorter than Md's .

Gizmo98

Free At Last!!
    Nov 4, 2015
    Central PA
    While I'm opposed to licensed rights, the process here is as easy as can be expected. 20 min and $20, and you're out the door.

As long as this bill preserves the current licensing system, I'm happy to support it. It's disputed, but PA law allows for carrying in schools. Getting rid of the state license would mean I'd be in violation of federal law (GFSZA) by carrying in, or maybe even near, a school. I avoid carrying at my kid's school whenever possible because I'm 95% sure I'd still be arrested and/or banned from the school if caught, but it may happen from time to time.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Getting an LTC for CCW takes about an hour including the drive time.

Being a MD forum, has PA allowed this for us now? I might be missing something. Reciprocity is gone for nonres. Therefore a restriction on handguns, that is what I was hoping, being a resistor this state.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I read some shenanigans somewhere, maybe even here that a Sheriff's Office in one county was having a little static on a Maryland permit with restrictions..

It wasn't simply MD Permit here's your PA LTFC.. it was MD Permit with restrictions, uh, uhm, huh.

Seems kinda strange to happen years and years after but maybe they got some new legal people in the office or something? Maybe it was totally BS story.

I think the answer was to get a LTCF from another county

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Not sure what your question is. No, PA does not issue or recognize NR permits.

Will this bill remove those handgun restrictions? The ones in your post quoted above? Not sure how to make this more clear. IANAL.

You asked earlier “which restrictions”. And this is the one I am curious about.
    Restriction: no nonres ccw permits.

Sorry for the confusion, I accept being the town idiot.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    They do issue non resident permits if you have a permit from you home state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this. Sorry for confusing everyone, this has been talked about here in the past and I made the mistake of assuming people are familiar with those threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom