• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    Heading up to pick up my dad in PA tomorrow. I'm driving up 83 to Harrisburg. Any suggestions for a good shop to check out?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Stop in at Freedom Armory just over the PA line off I-83. Nice, knowledgeable folks who helped many Marylanders get what they needed before the laws changed on Nov. 1.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Freedom is a nice stop in Glen Rock. Their prices were crazy on magazines over the summer, but I'm sure they've come down since.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    If you are going all the way to harrisburg, you can hit Bass Pro Shop up there.. :)

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    Trops, Atlantic tactical, gander mountian, and bass pro. All right off 83. I will probably hit bass pro and gander mountain today myself while I wait for my gf to get off work.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Forgot about Atlantic Tactical, good place. Right off the exit for Limekiln Road before you get to the splits for Harrisburg. Just make a right off the exit and follow Limekiln down a mile or two, it's up in an industrial park on your left.

Once bought a rifle from Freedom Armory but to be honest I never cared much for their attitude the few times I visited them. Been a couple years though since I decided to never go back. Might have changed. YMMV.

RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    I was in Freedom Armory this past spring and while helping a customer, the clerk asked if they lived in PA. When the customer said yes, the clerk said don't buy magazines there, wait for the gunshow. The customer asked why and the clerk stated that they charge a higher price on mags due to all the Marylanders coming over.

Can't blame them business decision-wise... but it is a screw job to oppressed Marylanders.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I also gota bad attitude and horrible customer service at Freedom armory. The gun Bunker was badass and Trops i've heard nothing but good things about.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Gun Bunker and Freedom Armory. Both have always treated me very very well. However Freedom knows they have us by the balls and their mag prices reflect that. Gun Bunker though, they are competitively priced.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Gun Bunker and Freedom Armory. Both have always treated me very very well. However Freedom knows they have us by the balls and their mag prices reflect that. Gun Bunker though, they are competitively priced.

Gun Bunker's prices on mags aren't near as bad as FA but the same mags can be had for cheaper with a little shopping around. But for the most part the Md resident wanting to snag some standard capacity (30rd AR, 30 Rd AK, etc) will get a reasonable deal at GB - especially if you figure in time and gas $ to go much farther up into Pa.

pitbull

Jan 23, 2013
    Trops has a hell of a black friday deal going until sunday. Got 30 round pmags for $9.99 and 40 round for $16.99. Since I bought federal brand ammo they gave me a life size cardboard cut out of Phil Robertson. I thought my g/f was going to cry when I gave it to her. Win/win. I get ammo, she gets the cutout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom