• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And you can bet PA will only recognize resident permits like they did with VA,FL and AZ, even though UT had fixed the issue of PA residents carrying on a UT permit.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    And you can bet PA will only recognize resident permits like they did with VA,FL and AZ, even though UT had fixed the issue of PA residents carrying on a UT permit.

You can probably bet you mortgage on this as long as AG Kane is running the show.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I have to agree with you. He is talking the talk, but I doubt he has ever walked the walk. I see him repeating the "we need _______" line in almost every post he makes.

PA and UT are working on getting a reciprocity agreement in place, and that is fine and dandy. They just have to deal with a few issues, and then it is finalized.

This is correct but one of those issues will almost assuredly be that PA will not honor UT non-resident permits. :sad20:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As others have stated, the fix for this is in the legislature, not subject to the whims of an anti gun AG,

Bought and paid for my Bloomturd.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    I see a lot of "we need to do this or we need to do that" coming from you in your posts. What are you doing? Have you filed any lawsuits? Have you applied for any carry permits and gotten denied so you would have grounds to pursue a legal remedy? Talk is cheap, internet talk is far cheaper. Walk in to a PA Sheriffs office and apply, let us all know how it goes and what you did about the denial.

I applied for a MD carry permit and would have appealed a denial if necessary including retaining a lawyer and going to court if I had to. Once received I requested a modification of my restrictions. My request was denied so I appealed and went to MSP for an informal review and won. If I would have lost I would have gone to the HPRB and court if need be. If you have never applied you don't have much credibility when it comes to what "we need to do'. The first step must be taken before you can tell others what road to travel. It might also be a good idea to check facts before making statements as if they were facts. You could not have been more wrong about the history of permit recognition (informal reciprocity) between PA and UT.

Resident permits are easier. There is a Lawyer looking for a case, but I think I will just move. After all I am a lazy.

Last edited:

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I applied for a MD carry permit and would have appealed a denial if necessary including retaining a lawyer and going to court if I had to. Once received I requested a modification of my restrictions. My request was denied so I appealed and went to MSP for an informal review and won. If I would have lost I would have gone to the HPRB and court if need be.

That's a good plan. I have been telling people up here we just need to apply and see how it shakes out. People are too afraid to apply because they'll have "I've been denied" on their record. I feel if a lot of us apply up here some will get permits but even if we don't, we will at least show the state that we are here and not going away.

That said, I assume you have some prior service in law enforcement? If so, that makes it a lot easier for you than the average citizen.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    That's a good plan. I have been telling people up here we just need to apply and see how it shakes out. People are too afraid to apply because they'll have "I've been denied" on their record. I feel if a lot of us apply up here some will get permits but even if we don't, we will at least show the state that we are here and not going away.

That said, I assume you have some prior service in law enforcement? If so, that makes it a lot easier for you than the average citizen.

I was a Corrections Officer but it was a long time ago and MSP gave it zero consideration. I am a business owner and that makes all the difference in the world. I have offered to help many others get the "good and substantial" reason documentation needed to obtain a MD Carry permit. It is pretty amazing how few will actually take me up on the offer of free assistance. Many talk, very few will put their money where their mouth is. In MD you can open a part time grass cutting business and as long as you register your trade name with the state and open a business bank account you can get a permit. my offer still stands for those that are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom