• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I was visiting Pittsburgh a couple of weeks back, and was pleasantly surprised to see a gun shop, Iron City Armory, pretty close to my daughter's house. Anybody know if it's worth checking out next visit?

Ragnar

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2013
    Berkeley Springs, WV
    I was visiting Pittsburgh a couple of weeks back, and was pleasantly surprised to see a gun shop, Iron City Armory, pretty close to my daughter's house. Anybody know if it's worth checking out next visit?

I bought an AR from them last year when they were at the Timonium gun show. The price was good for the panic at the time and they were easy to deal with. (The MD FFL they were working with for transfers, on the other hand, was a complete jerk.)

They weren't able to provide the 30-round mag with rifle, so when I was in Pittsburgh later in the year, they gave it to me then. Overall, they seem like good guys.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge

A guy I was working with used to live in Pittsburgh and dealt with them several times.

Took care of all the transactions online and when he came home on R/R he went and picked them up.

He said they were always great folks to deal with.

JWGuns

Aug 29, 2011
    Pasadena, MD
    The owner is a great guy, I stopped in last time and we talked for quite a while, he hooked me up with quite a few standard capacity mags. They have a pretty good inventory there too.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Great place. I used to live just a few miles from him. Most of my non-MD registered hardware came from there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    Mt. Lebanon by any chance?

Do you remember if they sold Magpul Pmags there?

No, a couple of exits up 79. Robinson-Crafton.

Can't speak to the Magpul. Haven't been in there for a while. I'll be up that way shortly for business. I plan on stopping. In.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Nice. Not far from where my brother is. Buncha cake-eaters in Mt. Lebanon though. :D

http://www.ironcityarmory.com/

The only other shop I know of is Braverman Arms, but I've never stopped in. They are right in the hood (not that there's anything wrong with that).

http://www.citysearch.com/profile/8...inc.html?actionTarget=LISTING_REVIEW&abtest=a

(website isn't up)
    Wow. Haven't heard that since high school. Sounds like we are from the same area.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Born and raised in MtLebo. Graduated in '69. After I joined the Navy my parents moved to the Harrisburg area so I don't get back that way much anymore. Closest I get now is our place at 7 Springs. Cake eaters :thumbsup: Hadn't heard that term forever. Yea Keystone I remember when we played "Keystone Jokes" :D

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Born and raised in MtLebo. Graduated in '69. After I joined the Navy my parents moved to the Harrisburg area so I don't get back that way much anymore. Closest I get now is our place at 7 Springs. Cake eaters :thumbsup: Hadn't heard that term forever. Yea Keystone I remember when we played "Keystone Jokes" :D

Them's fighting words. :eek:
    Back in the day. Now were on the same side. I still have three brothers, nephew and his family up there.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    Small world, I used to have family on Royce Ave in Mt. Leb. I miss riding the streetcars back in the late 70s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom