• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopTechAgent

MDS Supporter
    Nov 30, 2012
    Mooresville, NC
    I was researching this closely over the past week since I was planning my first trip to PA with my Utah permit. It appears Utah has moved from a Category 2 classification to a Category 4.

rdc

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2010
    Middlefingurton
    Well, hell. I was just there a month ago with a handgun while camping.
    I guess my choice of camping locations just got narrowed.

I was just carrying there a WHOLE LOT more recently than that. I'm pissed. My parents moved years ago to escape MD. Looks when I am finally able to move I might have to move farther awa from family. Horse shit.

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    ok upon further review it looks like we would have to possess a MD permit first. so that rules out 99% of us. damn this is a bugger huh

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Consider this:

The website changed today? (On a Sunday that is also Mother's Day)

Even though Utah does show up in a different classification, there is no official press release from the PA. AG. that I saw. (They did a press release when they dropped VA, in fact, that one is still up.)

I'm not saying it didn't change but I would wait for official clarification before getting anxious about it.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I don't see a definition for what category 4 means. Doesn't really explain what the reciprocity status is? This is why I posted the issue

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    I've read and re-read the PA statutes and can find no changes or anything in the law that would invalidate Utah permits.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Bloomburg's cupid stunt is at it again, lots of us have been pushing our reps to improve the reciprocity statute while the governor and both houses are pro-gun Republican, there is even a question weither her power to enter into agreements includes cancelling or severely altering them. There hasn't been much noise about a solution yet, but hopefully one that is both good and more permanent comes along shortly, or at least the next AG undoes everything she has screwed up.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I don't doubt that they would get rid of UT non-resident. But why did they seemingly get rid if UT all together?

UT was statutorily recognized based on a determination by the AG. The way PA reciprocity works is PA can only add conditions to reciprocity if they have an agreement. UT had no agreement. To get rid of the Utah "problem" they had to drop it entirely. What may happen is that UT may enter into an agreement but I don't know if Kane will play ball.

They similarly dropped Idaho.

Gary Slider

Feb 15, 2009
    PA and UT did not have a signed agreement from my understanding. They just had a verbal mutual understanding.

Utah was listed under the following heading on the PA AG's page. When there is a signed agreement PA post that agreement so you can read it.

The following states have been granted statutory reciprocity without a formal written agreement under 6106(b)(15), based on the determination of the Attorney General that the other state has granted reciprocity to Pennsylvania license holders, and that the other state's laws governing firearms are similar.

Colorado
    Iowa
    Indiana
    Kansas
    Louisiana
    Montana
    North Dakota - Effective August 1, 2013 only North Dakota Class I permits are recognized in Category 2.
    Wisconsin

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Utah is listed but not under reciprocity by agreement.
    Its a category 4 what ever that is. Something changed but I am not sure what..

Anyone know a friendly pa legislator we can ask for clarification?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom