• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Can't you guys see where this is going? They get the requirements changed then the transgenders can say they are female so they should only have to pass as a female. Or am I being foolish in my twisted thinking?

bowoah

GlockBlock
    Jul 1, 2014
    PG County
    Couldn't run him down or couldn't keep up with him. I'm fairly fit and can outrun most. Personally I'd rather chase someone until they're too tired to fight than immediately tackle them and bring them to the ground.

Couldn't keep up to do anything he turned around n then started to bother me

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The military MAKES you workout 3 times a week and there are still fat people in the military. The extra fat in the mil gets trimmed though (pun fully intended).

Some of the fat in the military gets trimmed through goverment funded weight-loss surgery. Most just seem to scoot by with waivers of all kinds.

If military or police organizations are not willing to enforce fitness standards down the line, it is hypocritical to enforce them at the point of hiring.

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    The MSP is just a baseline. If all you can do is the baselThe actual PT in the academy is intense.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    Some of the fat in the military gets trimmed through goverment funded weight-loss surgery. Most just seem to scoot by with waivers of all kinds.

If military or police organizations are not willing to enforce fitness standards down the line, it is hypocritical to enforce them at the point of hiring.

My facts are a bit old (2008), but the navy was trimming your ass then. In the mid 2000s, if you failed enough PT tests they cut your ass out and gave you severance. I think the severance ship has sailed though.

There was this guy who was on my boat who was probably 300lbs, maybe 6'2". Fat as all hell. So fat he probably would not fit in FF gear. About a year after I got out I met up with some buddies who told me this guy paid for his own liposuction and they still kicked him out. Dude had like 15 years in too. They weren't messing around with fitness back then. I cannot speak for the current situation though.

Yellowhand

Jan 19, 2014
    Eastern Shore
    We have a fat little cop here in Denton who dresses in black paramilitary gear...looks like a mall ninja and has a really bad attitude. What he lacks in fitness he makes up for in motivation. You can tell by the way he walks he probably has a bug strapped to each ankle...

Blake_7.62

Oct 17, 2010
    Does anyone else love the irony of how our federal government is suing Pennsylvania for discriminating because it has the same standards for everyone. By definition, the federal government is suing for discrimination because the state is not discriminating amongst its recruits.

Only in America. I’ve got to chalk this one up as just another reason we deserve to fail as a nation.

:thumbsup:

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    donut.jpg

travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    I am not a LEO but I know many and am well versed in strength and conditioning.

In order to catch an average criminal in a foot chase, you had better be pretty damn fast. Adrenaline and motivation of staying out of cuffs can cause someone to run FAST.

Especially if they have the drop on you, hopping out of a cruiser or diverting attention from another activity.

Theoretically all that needs to be done is maintain a pace in order to keep line of sight and follow until the crook gets tired out. Fence hopping and other gymnastic feats require an entirely higher level of fitness that your average guy who pumps iron and jogs couldn't do in a repeatable fashion.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I don't understand why LEO & FF agencies don't have ongoing PT requirements. Public safety depends on their physical fitness. It seems like once you're in, you can get as fat as you want.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I don't understand why LEO & FF agencies don't have ongoing PT requirements. Public safety depends on their physical fitness. It seems like once you're in, you can get as fat as you want.

There would be a lot of staff turnover in LE if they went that route.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    PSP's standards are lower than my department when it comes to physical agility entry requirements. Our standards are for everyone and the are still easy in my opinion.

1. Push – Ups (muscular endurance) – The score is the number of push-ups performed in one minute (24 required).
    2. Sit – Ups (muscular endurance) –The score is the number of bent leg sit-ups performed in one minute (28 required).
    3. Flexibility (range of motion of lower back and hamstrings) –The score is in inches reached on a yardstick.
    (16 inches required)
    4. 1.5-Mile Run (cardiovascular capacity) –The score is in minutes and seconds (must be completed in 15.55 minutes or less).
    5. Vertical Jump – The score is in inches reached on a yardstick (15 inches required)
    6. 300 Meter Run – (cardiovascular capacity) – The score is in seconds (must be completed in 70.1 seconds or less).

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    I wish I had applied to PSP....they are a damn good agency

Extremely picky though.

I know quite a few good LEOs who applied (some several times), they aced everything, except for the psych test. That is the primary test that seems to weed out most of the candidates before being accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom