• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Couldn't find an apartment in Taneytown/Littlestown so I'm moving to Hanover., commuting to Fredneck. Like the town a lot from what I've seen. Can ya'll recommend some of the locals spots I otherwise wouldn't have known? Still love Taneytown and not too far but would love to know about any local dive bars, cool things to do, live music venues, etc. I'll eventually be switching residence to PA to save on taxes and be able to get a CHP...and be out of the iron liberal grip of Annapolis. Been to the bowling alley, think there's a Carhartt store in New Oxford and love the chocolate milk from Rutters :party29:

brownspotz

Ultimate Member
    Oct 22, 2013
    just repeat to yourself "at least its not maryland."

you will feel better everytime

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    N. Hanover > S. Hanover.... like eating there and points west. Wife works there.. never a problem. LOT of nice towns just N of there, Abbotstown, New Oxford and E Berlin to name a few.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Thank ya'll! Found a huge apartment on 3rd street, on the railroad tracks, it's like a duplex made out of a house. $450 a month plus whatever utilities...think water/sewer/trash are included so electricity and internet. Huge living room, small bathroom., huge kitchen and big bedroom. Neighborhood seems aite. Pillars on porch need to be painted and there needs to be a gadsden hanging up somewhere though. 1 hour commute to Frederick. Downtown looks cool. Didn't see anywhere that looked too rough like York has. Actually reminds me of Taneytown and Dundalk in some spots driving around.

Gay amish guy? Interesting haha.

Blackbart, what's your fave place to grab some grub up there? I saw the "Hot Weiner" place and almost snapped a picture.

GTO I don't think an entire house is within my budget unfortunetly!

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    LOL you get into those towns you start to enter the Ravens/Steelers DMZ. :P

Hanover is like a scaled-up version of the small towns you see around PA. It still has "main street charm" in the city proper, while it has the convenience of the big-boxers along the outer highways. Hasn't gotten too big yet. (as opposed to York and Lancaster, which are big enough to have "urban problems")

Rutters is like the PA version of RoFo. And they still have RoFo up here too. Utz are made right around the corner from you.

Interesting blend of cultures...I think I saw a gay Amish guy there. :o

I live 6 or 7 miles North of Dover..... , she just works there in N. Hanover BUT we're not real fond of the little we have seen of York BUT it's still cool (looks like industrial revolution is still gong on) Sat or Sun we went to The Mill in New Oxford.... same people new name (Scozzaro's Restaurant & Pub) worth a repeat visit. Townships, towns and MANDATORY buying trash service..... confusing with a dash of ********. :shrug:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Thank ya'll! Found a huge apartment on 3rd street, on the railroad tracks, it's like a duplex made out of a house. $450 a month plus whatever utilities...think water/sewer/trash are included so electricity and internet. Huge living room, small bathroom., huge kitchen and big bedroom. Neighborhood seems aite. Pillars on porch need to be painted and there needs to be a gadsden hanging up somewhere though. 1 hour commute to Frederick. Downtown looks cool. Didn't see anywhere that looked too rough like York has. Actually reminds me of Taneytown and Dundalk in some spots driving around.

Gay amish guy? Interesting haha.

Blackbart, what's your fave place to grab some grub up there? I saw the "Hot Weiner" place and almost snapped a picture.

GTO I don't think an entire house is within my budget unfortunetly!
    There's two from which to choose: Texas and Famous (that's hot). :D

DSC02190.jpg

DSC02171.jpg

DSC02160.jpg

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Price sure sounds right. For a moment I thought you meant Hanover MD and was like WTF?

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Couldn't find an apartment in Taneytown/Littlestown so I'm moving to Hanover., commuting to Fredneck. Like the town a lot from what I've seen. Can ya'll recommend some of the locals spots I otherwise wouldn't have known? Still love Taneytown and not too far but would love to know about any local dive bars, cool things to do, live music venues, etc. I'll eventually be switching residence to PA to save on taxes and be able to get a CHP...and be out of the iron liberal grip of Annapolis. Been to the bowling alley, think there's a Carhartt store in New Oxford and love the chocolate milk from Rutters :party29:

My wife and I live in northern Maryland so Hanover happens to be the largest city nearby. We do the majority of our shopping, eating and visiting friends there.

Downtown now has 2 good brew pubs, Aldus (ok, not down town but close enough) and Miscreation. Aldus has better beer but Miscreation is swankyer. A 3rd brew pub is scheduled to open later in April a few doors down from Miscreation.

Stay away from El Rodeo. They have failed multiple health inspections.

Warehouse Gourmet is one of the better restaurants in town. Also a micro-brewery. Food is fantastic, their beer is better. They have a small bar upstairs and their happy hour beer and pizza specials are the bomb.

Hanover Hub is ok, about 1 block from the square, nice place to hang out, good music, and coffee. I haven't eaten there and have heard mixed reviews.

Our church is also downtown, Providence Community. Sunday mornings at 9AM 12 Carlisle St Hanover, PA 17331. We focus more on being a real spiritual person and less about religion.

Bateman's in southern Hanover isn't bad. Food is so-so but good beer selection. They have a bar and a separate dining area.

The Eichelberger Theater is the nice theater in town for performing arts. Nice venue, a lot of different acts perform there.

Shoot me a PM and we can get together for beer sometime.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks everyone!!!

GamerJim, would love to have a beer with a local. Still haven't done that in Hanover yet. And thanks for the "directory"!

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    Good cheap pizza infinintos pizza on 94 in the shopping center on the left beside kleffles it buffet style kinda like cici's.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks! I'm still getting used to the train schedule since I live on 3rd street. Some speedbumps would be nice too...kinda scares me parking on street. Like a racetrack. And that railroad crossing by the library is awful on the suspension.... complaining over. Gonna explore Sunday! Love the city so far! Seems like normal working folks like Taneytown. Plenty of Mossy Oak and NRA stickers around as well...always a good sign. GamerJim you down for beer Sunday or Saturday?

eddiejclayton

Oct 18, 2011
    Hanover, PA
    Welcome to Hanover! I've been here for the past 25 years or so and it has been a decent town to live in. I think you will find most folks to be relatively friendly and there are tons of food spots. One of the best Italian joints in the area (Buona Fortuna) unfortunately just closed.

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    I know what u mean I hit what was left of a manhole near elm on 94 last spring tore the bottom kingpin out of my from axle on my truck

FFMike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Howard County
    While I do not live there, I have a friend that did and we used to go to the Eagles Club of Hanover. Food was good, beer was cheap (like $1 per pitcher) . It is a social club that you join and pay dues for then hang when you want to...mat least from what I understood. Nice people there as well.

Bohlieve410

Ultimate Member
    Feb 21, 2011
    Thanks all! Have to check out eagle club. I just find nikis sports nook and love this place. Close to my house too

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom