• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    33 rounders, great for ccw :lol2:

Haha!! Yeah, that would look kinda funny lol. Just for some fun at the range, and just because I could partly :rasp:!!

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Any of you York County guys, if you are on the East side of 83, and are looking for a nice place to shoot consider Southern Lancaster County Farmer's Sportsmen's Association west of Quarreyville PA . It is about a 40 minute drive from Red Lion.

http://www.slcfsa.com/

They currently have a membership cap but there will be openings after January 1st and talk of removing the cap. It is an active club with lots of activities and nice facilities. If you go to Bing maps, 742 Hollow Road, New Providence, PA. 17560:
    https://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9Mzku...ldyUyMFByb3ZpZGVuY2UlMkMlMjBQQS4lMjAxNzU2MA==
    And click the Birds Eye View feature you can see some of the facilities.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Any of you York County guys, if you are on the East side of 83, and are looking for a nice place to shoot consider Southern Lancaster County Farmer's Sportsmen's Association west of Quarreyville PA . It is about a 40 minute drive from Red Lion.

http://www.slcfsa.com/

They currently have a membership cap but there will be openings after January 1st and talk of removing the cap. It is an active club with lots of activities and nice facilities. If you go to Bing maps, 742 Hollow Road, New Providence, PA. 17560:
    https://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9Mzku...ldyUyMFByb3ZpZGVuY2UlMkMlMjBQQS4lMjAxNzU2MA==
    And click the Birds Eye View feature you can see some of the facilities.

I sure wish you guys were closer, I'm struggling to find an outdoor range that fits for me in Hanover or nearby.

There is the indoor range freedom armory in glen rock, but I'm looking to shoot some steel in nice weather outdoors.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I sure wish you guys were closer, I'm struggling to find an outdoor range that fits for me in Hanover or nearby.

There is the indoor range freedom armory in glen rock, but I'm looking to shoot some steel in nice weather outdoors.

Ah, nice to hear that not everything is rainbows and unicorns in PA.

As far as how people behave in different locations, you can find the same thing in Maryland. Go to western Maryland or the Eastern Shore and the people over there are just as nice as the people in the country in PA. Now, how about going through Philadelphia and letting me know what the people are like there. Probably the same as Baltimore City.

Ran out of gas one time in Boonsboro with no cell phone signal and within 2 minutes a stranger going the opposite way stopped to ask me if I was alright. Told him I was out of gas and he said he would be back in 5 minutes. He came back with a gas can full of gas and would not accept money from me. All I could do was thank him profusely as we both drove off. The McDonalds in that area is night and day compared to the McDonalds in Columbia.

Now, as far as gun control goes, you win hands down, but last I checked in PA you cannot hunt with an AR.

I started reading this thread and thought to myself, I work from home most of the time and my wife could get a job in Belair or get her pharmacy license in PA, and we could do the same thing. Then, I walked into the kitchen to fix dinner for the kids and remembered that they really like the school and their friends here. I am still shaking my head.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Friend of mine is a Conductor for CSX who works Baltimore to Philly a lot. He has some hilarious stories.

He says Philadelphia is the worst. Shoulder to shoulder of peeps lined up to throw whatever they can grab at his train.

Curmudgeon

I H8 stinkbugz
    Sep 6, 2010
    York, Pennsylvania

I don't know how close this is to you, but it's pretty popular in the area. I took my Utah class there...

http://www.acsha.com/

Since 1982, the Adams County Sport Handgunners Association has been serving the South Central Pennsylvania area. We strive to provide the community with safe, fun and professional shooting range services and training.

Adams County Sport Handgunners Association is a private outdoor shooting facility located near Gettysburg, Pa in northern Adams County, south-central Pennsylvania.

ACSHA facilities include two 25 yard pistol ranges, for action pistol events, and a 100 yard rifle range. A small clubhouse with snack and beverage vending.

Access is limited by a locked gate, unless the range is open for an event or meetings.

We hold action shoots for shotguns, pistol and carbine rifle. We provide various NRA training courses. Please refer to the menu on the left for our current schedule, as well as descriptions and pictures of our training and events.

Membership is open to the public. JOIN TODAY!
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association
    1540 Upper Bermudian Rd
    Gardners, PA 17324

Ph:717-528-8034

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Ah, nice to hear that not everything is rainbows and unicorns in PA.

As far as how people behave in different locations, you can find the same thing in Maryland. Go to western Maryland or the Eastern Shore and the people over there are just as nice as the people in the country in PA. Now, how about going through Philadelphia and letting me know what the people are like there. Probably the same as Baltimore City.

Ran out of gas one time in Boonsboro with no cell phone signal and within 2 minutes a stranger going the opposite way stopped to ask me if I was alright. Told him I was out of gas and he said he would be back in 5 minutes. He came back with a gas can full of gas and would not accept money from me. All I could do was thank him profusely as we both drove off. The McDonalds in that area is night and day compared to the McDonalds in Columbia.

Now, as far as gun control goes, you win hands down, but last I checked in PA you cannot hunt with an AR.

I started reading this thread and thought to myself, I work from home most of the time and my wife could get a job in Belair or get her pharmacy license in PA, and we could do the same thing. Then, I walked into the kitchen to fix dinner for the kids and remembered that they really like the school and their friends here. I am still shaking my head.

You got that right for sure, there are seedy areas in every region.

Keeping the kids in the same school is a good reason to stay, depending on their current school and progress academically and socially.

Sometimes a change is good for kids, sometimes not. Depends on the scenario and individual child.
    My stepdaughter had a terrible experience at Cradlerock Elementary in Columbia. Daily bullying, which was reported many many times with no resolution. She is ready for a change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom