• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cfischer1982

May 27, 2015
    Congratulations! Now go buy some legit fireworks and celebrate your independence.

Don't get me wrong...the people and openness of PA had me looking there for retirement until I found out about the tax situation. Just not doable on a fixed income

My late Father was retired from APG and all he had was his small federal retirement (civil service) and part of his Social Security. Thanks to Reagan since he retired from the Federal Government they kept most of his Social Security. The Government must think all Federal Retirees make big bucks.

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    Sat in my yard tonight and got to see red lion fire works and tons of deer in the yard love it here can't wait till hunting season

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    Hunting licenses for the upcoming Deer season are on sale right now. Best to go online to get it, except for the Antlerless deer tag, which you mail to a Treasurer with a form that comes in your license packet and your check. There's a limited number of those for each region so you need to mail early as possible before they are gone. Most of York County is region 5B.

Antlered deer in this and nearby regions must have at least 3 tines on one of the antlers. All regulations explained in the hunting license packet and the online version.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    I have an offer on a house in Loganville. I sure hope my house gets shaken by the sound of freedom! :party29:

Funny thing, we moved in during the carshow weekend (usually first weekend in June), the inlaws helped us, and I took them to dinner at Logans on the west end of 30 right through the main drag for car watching after the show. My FIL is a huge gearhead, but didn't know about the York show, thought it was a "normal" weekend, and everyone in PA just happens to have a street rod. Almost bought a house down the street a week later:D

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD

reptileguy99

Apr 6, 2013
    I love it up here wish I did it soon love Red Lion. Had my trail cam out some nice does and all coming in. I have to have my MD friends buy fireworks for me phantom won't even let you in if your a resident lol. I Hate going back to MD now if it wasn't for work I would never go not even for family

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Property taxes are low and they always promote it. But school taxes can be sky high depending which district you're in. I wrote mortgages in PA for 7 years and people who didn't do their homework were often floored by the school tax bill. They would have been better off in MD. My cousin moved to a new condo in NE PA a year and a half ago. About $185K. Got hit with a supplemental tax for a total bill of about $6k. Other than the gun laws I don't se the attraction. Also, if you have a decent retirement income, I don't, the tax free can boost be substantial.. Roads suck and a lot of services we take for granted here are extra in PA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom