• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greetings,

I'm getting ready to fill out my paperwork and send it to the York County Sheriff's office. This license is good for the whole state of PA correct? I ask because the top of the form says Commonwealth of Pennsylvania County of York Application for License to Carry Firearms.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    The wife and I are actively looking for a home in Pennsylvania. As soon as we move and settle I will have the CCW. Then I'm buying a new Glock and a new Colt AR just as an FU to Maryland.

The wife and I are actively looking for a home in Pennsylvania. As soon as we move and settle I will have the CCW. Then I'm buying a new Glock and a new Colt AR just as an FU to Maryland.

HAHAHA! :party29: I bough a Beretta 92FS as soon as I moved here. There's a neat concealed carry holster in my new American Rifleman issue. It clips on the outside of your belt or comes with a belt loop. I'm going to ask the Sheriff's Dept. if it's legal in PA. The ad says it comes in different sizes and it doesn't look like a holster. Look in Southern York County. It's quiet here and taxes are manageable. I'm in Lower Chanceford TWP, about 11 miles from the Maryland line.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    No is no legality with holsters. Carry whatever you wherever you want. Get the nonsense Maryland laws out of your head. Once you have your permit you cant tie the gun around your neck if you want. Its a license to carry... Not a license to carry how the state sees fit. Stop worrying.

No is no legality with holsters. Carry whatever you wherever you want. Get the nonsense Maryland laws out of your head. Once you have your permit you cant tie the gun around your neck if you want. Its a license to carry... Not a license to carry how the state sees fit. Stop worrying.

I'm trying. I looked at the holsters and they have nothing that'll fit what I currently have. That in itself justifies me getting a new handgun. I'm thinking a Glock 19. I'll get a holster and mag holder, in black leather. WWW.sneakypete.com.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It's awesome isn't it. After you mail in the application, it only takes a couple days for them to process it and call you. Parking downtown is a biatch, pretty much the hardest part, just walk to the sheriff's office in the back of the court house, show them ID, they take your pic, and print out your permit in about 5 minutes. The county has no issues signing off on NFA stuff or C&R licenses, you can carry open or concealed(actually legal to carry open now without a permit), transport how you want, where you want. Find a range yet?, You are fairly close to my range http://www.windsorfishandgame.com/ Show up to a meeting, pay the dues, shoot all you want at a nice private range for $30 a year ($105 for first year).

For a carry pistol, most carry a compact single or doublestack, I like my GLOCK 27G4 year round IWB, but in hot weather not much beats my tiny Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster. There are a few good gun shops around, Hake's, Trop, Lanco tactical, Layman's. It's a different world than MD, you can walk into Trop for instance, buy a pistol, holster, and ammo on the spot, get a free hourin their range, put some rounds through it, load it up and holster it in the range, then walk right out the door and go about your day.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I thought Philly had different rules, thus a PA permit wasn't good for the whole state? Some thing about being a class 2 city?
    In Philly you need a license to open carry. The rest of the state is unlicensed open carry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Alucard walked me through it............. piece of cake. :thumbsup: LOT easier than a DL or car registration, (cheaper too)!

Winter I carry the lil Sig on my ankle, summer with shorts... in my pocket.

It's awesome isn't it. After you mail in the application, it only takes a couple days for them to process it and call you. Parking downtown is a biatch, pretty much the hardest part, just walk to the sheriff's office in the back of the court house, show them ID, they take your pic, and print out your permit in about 5 minutes. The county has no issues signing off on NFA stuff or C&R licenses, you can carry open or concealed(actually legal to carry open now without a permit), transport how you want, where you want. Find a range yet?, You are fairly close to my range http://www.windsorfishandgame.com/ Show up to a meeting, pay the dues, shoot all you want at a nice private range for $30 a year ($105 for first year).

For a carry pistol, most carry a compact single or doublestack, I like my GLOCK 27G4 year round IWB, but in hot weather not much beats my tiny Kahr PM9 in a pocket holster. There are a few good gun shops around, Hake's, Trop, Lanco tactical, Layman's. It's a different world than MD, you can walk into Trop for instance, buy a pistol, holster, and ammo on the spot, get a free hourin their range, put some rounds through it, load it up and holster it in the range, then walk right out the door and go about your day.

I'm a little excited, I won't lie. I love all the Constitutional freedom PA offers. I'm a member of Delta Peach Bottom Fish & Game.

I mailed my concealed carry license application today. Once it's approved I'll order that Glock 19.

Last edited:

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    My LTCF was processed and in my hands in one day after they received the application.

I was carrying my G19, but have since switched to my full size M&P 9mm. I got the glock in MD, so I got 10 round mags and haven't found any standard cap mags locally yet.

I was trying to avoid paying shipping, but hey then again, they can ship to me legally now ....guess ill hit midway.

Until I can get standard glock mags, it will be the M&P, IWB, for capacity reasons alone. 18 vs 11, easy pick.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom