• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Anyone know the proper way to submit an address change for a PA LTCF? Nothing on the Adams County website. I faxed a request.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Charles Guggenheimer

MSI Executive Member
    Jun 19, 2005
    Seven Valleys PA
    If you are a PA resident and want to purchase a Glock 19 or any other Glock model, I recommend you join GSSF and get your pistol purchase certificate which allows you get Law Enforcement Blue Label prices at a participating dealer like Atlantic Tactical.

http://www.atlantictactical.com/category/firearms

They are right off of 83 just South of Harrisburg.

I purchased my Glock 42 there last year, was only about $319 with GSSF pistol purchase certificate, and walked out with it. No waiting period if you pass the PA Instant Check (it is like NICS).

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Is unlicensed open carry for everybody or only PA residents?

You can open carry in PA without a license however vehicle transport restrictions are tighter than MD. UNLESS of course you have a permit from ANY state in which case you can carry in your vehicle and open carry on foot. The city of Philadelphia only permits open carry with a PA LTCF or other recognized license but doing so may still get you hassled and/or shot.

As you should be aware a Utah non-resident CFP is no longer valid in PA.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    TX would work. I don't know which states PA still recognizes that issue NR permits besides TX however.

I don't think there are any others that MD residents without MD handgun permits can obtain. Someone pointed out NH in the past but reading the agreement closely leaves doubt.

Attachments

• Signed_NH_Agreement.pdf
      58 KB · Views: 77

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here is the relevant portion that allows OC in Philly if you have a valid permit from a state PA recognizes

12) A person who has a lawfully issued license to carry a
    firearm pursuant to section 6109 (relating to licenses) and that
    said license expired within six months prior to the date of arrest
    and that the individual is otherwise eligible for renewal of the
    license.

Attachments

• PAChiefsAssocOpenCarryGuidance.pdf
      512.3 KB · Views: 625

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I didn't go back and look but it states a valid permit, not a valid PA permit.

BTW NH does not issue a NR permit unless you have a home state permit.

Most of us are SOL.

Lucky you

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I didn't go back and look but it states a valid permit, not a valid PA permit.

BTW NH does not issue a NR permit unless you have a home state permit.

Most of us are SOL.

Lucky you

That was what I intended to say about NH and even if so it does not look like it will work based on some questionable language in the agreement.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Here's PA Title 18. There is the same wording about having a license, not a PA license but a license.That leads me to believe if you have a license PA recognizes (like TX) you are legal to OC in Philly. As you know IANAL but I don't see anything that would prohibit it.

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...ype=HTM&ttl=18&div=0&chpt=61&sctn=6&subsctn=0

another portion
    § 6106. Firearms not to be carried without a license. (a) Offense defined.-- (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license under this chapter commits a felony of the third degree. (2) A person who is otherwise eligible to possess a valid license under this chapter but carries a firearm in any vehicle or any person who carries a firearm concealed on or about his person, except in his place of abode or fixed place of business, without a valid and lawfully issued license and has not committed any other criminal violation commits a misdemeanor of the first degree. (b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to: (15) Any person who possesses a valid and lawfully issued license or permit to carry a firearm which has been issued under the laws of another state, regardless of whether a reciprocity agreement exists between the Commonwealth and the state under section 6109(k), provided: (i) The state provides a reciprocal privilege for individuals licensed to carry firearms under section 6109. (ii) The Attorney General has determined that the firearm laws of the state are similar to the firearm laws of this Commonwealth. (16) Any person holding a license in accordance with section 6109(f)(3).

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    Here is a handy map tool, simply click on the state that you want to see reciprocity.
    http://www.usacarry.com/concealed_carry_permit_reciprocity_maps.html

PA LTCF is good in: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Not good in: California, Connecticut, Delaware, Guam, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virgin Islands, Washington, American Samoa, District of Columbia, N. Mariana Islands

There is a notes section at the bottom that shows recent reciprocity activity.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    the recent posts we were discussing involved if an out of state permit will allow OC in Philadelphia. The OP asked if his permit was good in all of PA

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom