• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    my PA permit was due to expire in january, so i went ahead and mailed my renewal in. get this, i mailed it in wednesday, the day before thanksgiving. considering i mailed it just before a holiday and the weekend, i would figure it would take maybe a couple weeks. ha ha ha, nope, i got the email early this morning that my permit was ready for pick up. :thumbsup:

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.
    my PA permit was due to expire in january, so i went ahead and mailed my renewal in. get this, i mailed it in wednesday, the day before thanksgiving. considering i mailed it just before a holiday and the weekend, i would figure it would take maybe a couple weeks. ha ha ha, nope, i got the email early this morning that my permit was ready for pick up. :thumbsup:

God bless America. Being an American is an awesome feeling.

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I got the email for pick up 1 day after my app was received. This was for a new ltcf, not renewal.

Extremely fast, the way it should be when folks are defenseless.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    What County are you using? I'm over by Lancaster/Chester, not sure what makes the most sense.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    I bet Marcus Brown personally approved and processed it recognizing you as a fellow Marylander:innocent0

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Weird, Chester and Lancaster say you must apply in person.

Each of these offices is over a half hour closer to me (one way) than York. Wonder why York says mail is okay?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Bump on that, curious to know if anyone has used Chester or Lancaster Co (without showing up in person for the initial).

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You can send the application in by mail to York County and then go pick it up in person so it's only one trip.

Plus you can head to the nearby Gander Mountain to see what the prices of firearms and things related will be in the year 2022........;)

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    That's the thing, if I have to make two trips to West Chester or Lancaster, it defeats the point.

Probably just do as suggested and mail in the York Co one.

Pretty funny the HARDEST part of applying in PA is deciding where to drive to. One page app, three week wait and $20.00 fee for 5 years.

Sheesh, I don't know how they survive without a 13 database, 3 month long investigation and a HPRB. I must be missing all the news stories about permit holders going on rampages over a spot at the Wawa gas pumps.....

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That's the thing, if I have to make two trips to West Chester or Lancaster, it defeats the point.

Probably just do as suggested and mail in the York Co one.

Pretty funny the HARDEST part of applying in PA is deciding where to drive to. One page app, three week wait and $20.00 fee for 5 years.

Sheesh, I don't know how they survive without a 13 database, 3 month long investigation and a HPRB. I must be missing all the news stories about permit holders going on rampages over a spot at the Wawa gas pumps.....

I mailed my app on a Monday and got an email Thursday to come get it. Four days including time spent using snail mail.....

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I was going with worst case.

Off to get my fingerprints, hql, photos, copies of deposits, business charter, 16 hours of training, permission slip from mom,.......

Wait,..... you mean to tell me I don't need any of that.......?:cool:

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Where is the guy that said PA will no longer issue it renew permits to MD residents with "restricted" MD permits? I saw it in a thread on MDS. Any truth to that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom