• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Great thread! Gotta love those shops with racks of used rifles to wade through, so I'll have to check out the Gun Bunker! Different world in Pennsylvania.

Nice up that way. There was a darned good taxidermist that I had some work done by years ago who wound up in New Freedom. Name was McGinnity. I think he's still there, but I heard he does fish mounts exclusively nowadays.

Rocky BearDog

1 mile south of freedom
    Sep 6, 2011
    Millers, MD.
    Have to ask, are you a Miller from Millers?. Related to most of the people around there.

No - I'm not a Miller but I do live in Millers, just west of Freeland, Md. I'm a transplant from NJ and have only been here for 6 years. Love the area, the politics of the state - not so much. It is nice in the Hereford Zone though. I've seen an area of Carroll County called Millers too. We are in the northern Baltimore County cornfields.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    If you want to be impressed by rack of guns to walk through, visit Kentucky Gun Company in Bardstown, KY. I have bought from them on-line for years and decided to stop in while in the area for the 2016 NRA Annual meeting. The place is huge and has several rows of long guns stacked on double high racks. A nice selection of handguns too! There is even a range adjacent to the retail store. Nice friendly staff and a good selection of ammo.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    Great thread! Gotta love those shops with racks of used rifles to wade through, so I'll have to check out the Gun Bunker! Different world in Pennsylvania.

Nice up that way. There was a darned good taxidermist that I had some work done by years ago who wound up in New Freedom. Name was McGinnity. I think he's still there, but I heard he does fish mounts exclusively nowadays.

If he's still alive, he's pretty old now. Nice guy though.

If you need a new deer etc /bird taxidermist, check me out, if Havre de Grace is convenient for you.

vetogunban

Apr 30, 2013
    Brooklyn Park
    Been to the Freedom Armory a couple of times to buy standard capacity magazines, little on the high prices but most bordering state shops are to take advantage of us poor MD folks. The Gun Bunker is next on list, unfortunately on the last trip they were out of what I was looking for.

Brownl345

Jan 9, 2015
    Howard County
    Gun Bunker is awesome. I'm a periodic customer. Freedom Armory is OK. Been there once. They let you shoot 12 gauge shotguns indoors, which is interesting.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Great video from Freedom! Scott is a REALLY awesome guy. Man I'm all nostalgic for my Freedom Armory visits. Their staff has always been like family. Welcoming and always willing to help you out.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Excellent.

I think you guys just planned our day-trip for us.

I hope they know that us poor Marylander's behind enemy lines are legal to purchase long guns (still true right?, just as long as they aren't on the prohibited list), cash and carry (with background check, and proper paperwork filed).

Anyone in the area is welcome to join us for lunch in New Freedom, if you are in the area.

Freedom armory knows the law...as does gun bunker...

Prices may be on the high side.

Both shops have been friendly to our cause and have had msi flyers..

Need to try and resupply them some day ....

jmcisc

Sep 18, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I've been to both shops, and they are both impressive. However, my choice of shops to return to is Gun Bunker. They seem to carry a larger selection of used/C&R guns, which I prefer. Also, the staff was very friendly.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I have driven past gun bunker a bunch of times but never stopped in, after reading through this thread, I am going to make it a point to stop in within the next few weeks when I get up that way again. I was up in Gettysburg this past weekend for the day with the other half and went to reddings hardware, which was packed floor to ceiling, wall to wall with guns, ammo, parts and accessories, almost didn't know where to start at

10xclean

MDS Supporter
    Dec 23, 2008
    Kingsville
    nobody mentioned the fact that there is a nice range in New Freedom - Seitzland. 200yrd range, low membership. Nice place too shoot. google Seitzland rifle club. 10 mins outside of town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom