• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    Haven't been up, yet... but, heard great reviews from a few friends and a guy at Elk Neck last week. Mainly about the range being a lot better than TargetMaster... apparently the lane dividers are armored so the chances of getting shot by the guy in the next lane is pretty low. And, you can have friends in the range with you, as long as they stay behind a line. Not sure about the store or staff.

I need to head up that way tomorrow, I guess I should stop by to get a feel for things.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    No mushroom smell, that's mostly on the south side of town. ;)

Wow! This is nice. I'm posting from their free wifi... Big store, open floor plan, but not a lot of big accessories... No safes or bulk ammo. Very well lit, feels very modern. I'm sure that the store side will grow over time, currently around 30 rifles on display.

The range has 20 lanes, with solid walls grouping every 5. Armored dividers between each station. There are 2 viewing windows to peek into the range. $20 for unlimited range time, $10 for somebody to share the lane (one guest max). Gun rentals $10/hr and you can exchange guns during the hour. Can rent multiple at a time. No class 3, but they will offer select-fire and suppressor rentals when it comes through. They offer a .50BMG package, $100 to rent a M82 with 3 rounds, includes a special t-shirt and bumper sticker.

I like this place, gonna be coming here when I can't use my club range.

whatevah

Unregistered User
    Mar 17, 2012
    Wilmington, DE
    Couple things I forgot to mention... Open Carry is not allowed, there's a sign saying something to the effect that besides concealed carry, all guns must be unloaded and cased. There is a clearing barrel just inside the doorway for that. In the range rules, shotguns may only fire slugs, and .308 is the max caliber without approval (I think there's only one lane for the high-power stuff).

There are a few tables and chairs in the central area of the place, I guess for chatting while you wait for a lane or for the rest of your group to arrive. Nice touch. I think I noticed 2 classrooms, one is dedicated to the range safety video that plays on a loop. The video must be watched before using the range for the first time.

They have one of their larger bullet traps on display in the central area, and a 45-70 gattling gun on display in the store. Somehow, I don't think that they'll let you rent that... but, I didn't ask, so... maybe? ;)

Pgas32

Mar 10, 2015
    Cecil
    It's not the mushrooms. It's the s@@t they grow them in. Regardless.....mushrooms are the bomb.

I used to work in Kennett Square. As a result of a corporate merger, I now work in Baltimore and live in MD. I used to hate it, but I would give almost anything to smell those stupid mushrooms on my commute now!

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    Was at TSS today, first time. Very nice lots of open space decent inventory of handguns, rifle, shotguns and ammo. Prices were good if you are a member fair if not. The range while I didn't shoot I was given the nickel tour, very nice well thought out. Plenty of safety stuff plus RSOs, was told can shoot up to 50BMG but range is only 25 yards. They have a 1890's Gatling gun one can shoot-neat. Watched the required video and signed paperwork so next time I make a run up I just show DR Lic and on the range I go. Lots of people today as they had a Vet day and sale. I heard there was about a 45 minute wait for a range slot. Chris

why2kmax

Jacka$$
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury PA
    I stopped in there on Friday just to look around. Agree with Chris, nice bright and big, and very very friendly. I didnt check out the range, but Plenty of new guns in stock and a good selection. Not much in the used section. Prices on guns wasnt bad depending on what you were looking for. Some seemed good, some seemed a little high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom