• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    Yep - we go every year and stay at one of the hotels on 2nd street as they run free shuttles to/from the show.
    We like to say hi to the outfitter that we used in Africa (Eitaalo) and we're also looking for a hog hunting outfitter.
    Other than that all I really have my eye out for is optics and lever guns.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I have gone the last several years except the one they cancelled. We have booked three out of state hunts, with good results.

Good luck

Jerry

miles71

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2009
    Belcamp, Md.
    Going on Sat and Sunday this weekend. I know it'll be crowded but that's when I could go.

We are staying at one of the hotels, but no shuttle. Good idea for next time. We gone the last few years, good little get away.

TD

tommy gunn

Apr 7, 2012
    calvert county
    I'm headin up next saturday. Previous engagement this weekend I can't get out of. Anyone know if they are doing the shuttle at the mall this year?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Went today for the first time. Pretty cool show. Got some free swag from a few manufacturers. Got to fiddle with some cool stuff too. Definitely huge. We spent about 4hrs and didn't even bother with the boats, fishing, or hunting guide sections really. Enjoyed watching the dock dogs compete too. It was crowded. Parking was up on some hill behind the old hospital across the street with a shuttle. Also noticably missing from the big manufacturers were Glock and Ruger.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Im going Thursday. I heard the weekend and Fridays are nuts.

Though Gunny Hartman (Lee Emory) is going to be there friday and saturday.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Has anyone ever parked at the mall and taken the shuttle? If so, how was that?

We picked up the shuttle at Bass Pro up there. It worked out great. I seem to remember there was a bus every hour that came by. We got there early, looked around the store and then jumped the first bus to the show.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Got there a bit late to park at the complex(11:00), so they were directing people to HAAC, still $10 though. Best bet is to park at Bass pro for free and take the nice tour buses to the show. Good show, more than you can see in a week, the gun hall is obviously great, lots of new gear to check out, and prices on the stuff for sale was pretty good. The NRA airsoft range was great for my 5yo to try "3 gun". There was a hunger games style archery "tag" game in the dog arena, and a couple other mini games. Got to handle some new guns, wasn't huge on the M&P 2.0, but the Sig 320 X5 was epic, I must have one

Attachments

• 20170204_140156.jpg
      20170204_140156.jpg
      78.7 KB · Views: 218
    • 20170204_131050.jpg
      20170204_131050.jpg
      100.6 KB · Views: 214
    • 20170204_114959.jpg
      20170204_114959.jpg
      70.8 KB · Views: 209
    • 20170204_114532.jpg
      20170204_114532.jpg
      50.5 KB · Views: 212

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Think I'll go Tuesday if I wake up before it closes.

Is it anything like a gun show where vendors will have ammo, used guns ect?

No firearm sales, they are manufacturers showing off their stuff, so great place to kick tires. Lots of part and accessory dealers, a couple good Benchmade knife dealers and targets.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Got to handle some new guns, wasn't huge on the M&P 2.0, but the Sig 320 X5 was epic, I must have one

I agree on the M&P 2.0; didn't do anything for me. Also not impressed with the new Remington RP9, felt like a cheap copy of the Walther PPQ. I did really dig the retro M16A1 at the Colt booth, although I couldn't believe the $2400 msrp.

No firearm sales, they are manufacturers showing off their stuff, so great place to kick tires. Lots of part and accessory dealers, a couple good Benchmade knife dealers and targets.

Precision was there selling uppers and all their usual parts. I will say the manufacturer reps are actually pretty cool to talk with; very knowledgable for the most part. Best exchange I heard all day came courtesy of a Sig guy. A little kid came up and asked if he could pick up a P229 then while looking at it asked "is this a glock?" The guy with out skipping a beat replies "It's Sig, it's like a Glock but for men".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom