• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    I tried to buy some Redwing fire boots. Their retail stores are useless. I didn't know which size/width I would need so I asked them to order in the two closest sizes in both widths. The store manager started ringing up $1200 worth of boots and told me that the only way to get them to the store would be to pay for them and return the ones I don't need. Oh, and there is a 25% re-stocking fee for the ones I would return.....

Redwing is nothing but a name at this point.

It’s been like that for several years now. Last time I went to the redwing store, looking for boots, they were all made in foreign countries. When I asked where the USA made boots were, he pointed me to about 6 pairs of boots. One pair looked exactly the same as the foreign made boot, but was$100 more for the pair. When I asked the guy working there “what gives”, his response turned me off as a customer forever.
    He told me “I could save my money and buy the boot made by Mexicans in Mexico, or spend the extra and get boots made in America by Mexicans”. That didn’t sit well with me.
    Right there I knew I was buying nothing but the name. Needless to say, I didn’t buy a pair of redwings.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Looks all of these companies (well most all) have a few US made boots and a bunch of imports. There's not a lot of price spread between the high end imports and the US made stuff.

Will the high end imports last as long as the US stuff? Will the US stuff last very long? I got two hard years out of my $60 Amazon work boots. I'd hate to drop $200 and only get three years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom