• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mythaeus

Trouble-maker Next Door
    Feb 5, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    Geez, that's scary. We have relatives who live somewhere in the neighborhood . . I can never get the geography straight so I can't tell where they live in relation to this incident, but they are active in the NoLib neighborhood political scene.

If you know the street intersections, I can tell you exactly where. Not that it matters much though. This girl works and hangs out in the best part of neighborhood and lives right on the fringe of the neighborhood. It could've been any neighborhood really. She just moved here recently from San Fran too. There's no way to fathom the pain her parents are going through right now.

This is why it was a great thing to have the original article I posted. It helps show others that "normal" people in this neighborhood carry for protection. Maybe this horrific tragedy will add to their sense that it could and did happen and tie 2 and 2 together.

Al

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Thread hijack update:
    The rape/murder suspect has been arrested based on DNA; suspect cries in courtroom

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/h...pe-murder_defendant_a_real_reason_to_cry.html

Posted on Thu, Jul. 8, 2010

DNA gives rape-murder defendant a real reason to cry

By MENSAH M. DEAN
    Philadelphia Daily News

deanm@phillynews.com 215-854-5949

Donte Johnson, the North Philadelphia man arrested last month in connection with the rape and slaying of a popular Northern Liberties waitress, began crying before he even took his seat in court yesterday.

Johnson, 18, of 11th Street near Poplar, sobbed harder after the prosecutor told the judge that his DNA had been found in two cavities of the victim's body.

The defendant, who waived his right to a preliminary hearing, was held for trial by Municipal Judge Jimmie Moore on charges of first-degree murder, rape, robbery and related counts in the June 2 strangulation of Sabina Rose O'Donnell, 20.

Johnson, a ninth-grade dropout from William Penn High School, told police that he attacked O'Donnell because he wanted to steal her bicycle.

"The way I feel about the whole thing is, I don't like the whole thing," Johnson said in his statement to police June 15, a copy of which the Daily News obtained.

"I shouldn't have did it. I shouldn't have put my hands on her. All over a bike."

About 2:50 a.m., Johnson spotted O'Donnell riding her bike in the area of 4th Street and Girard Avenue, where her Northern Liberties apartment was situated.

"She was about to put the bike up. I grabbed her. I dragged her into the lot," Johnson said, according to the statement. "When I let her go, she fell down on her face. She was unconscious. I took her clothes off [and raped] her." (....)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Aw, come on. He didn't mean it. He's learned his lesson. Just look at him, he's crying.......

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Good article.

I only have one addition, if it were me in that article, it would say:

It puts the lotion on the skin or it get the hose again....................

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    That's disgusting. I can only hope he gets a death sentence.

What a sick f***. Hope he enjoys getting raped in prison, and I only hope he's conscious during all of it. Give him life so he can be continually raped. A quick death is too easy for someone who did what he's accused of.

The3clipser

Mister Tea
    Nov 29, 2009
    What do you use them for? Target Practice? :shrug:

That reminds me of a joke.

The Pope goes to Alaska, to see the last American frontier. While riding in the Pope-mobile, he sees a young man wearing a PETA hat and a "Sue Arizona" T-shirt being mauled by a bear. Before he can tell his guards to do something, he sees a jacked-up 4x4 come barreling around a stand of trees, and five Alaskan Good-Ol'Boys jump out wearing their "Palin 2012" hats and uniforms from working on the oil pipeline. One runs up to the bear and hits it with a baseball bat to distract it while another gingerly takes the young man and places him in the back seat of the crew cab. A third runs up and shoots the bear in the face with a large-caliber revolver, killing it. The Pope looks upon this, and calls the men over. "You men are truly agents of God," he says. "I heard there is great political strife in America, but you have shown me that you all still treat each other as children of the Creator. Go in peace." One man asks, "Who was that?" "That's the Pope," says another. "He's got a direct line to God."

"He may have a direct line to God," says a third, "but he doesn't know shit about bear hunting. Hey, is the bait still good or do we have to drive down to Massachusetts for another?"

md_rick_o

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 30, 2008
    Severn Md.
    The comments from JB in the article from the OP show the absolute stupidity of some people. I really don't hope it on the person but heaven forbid they ever come up on a "situation", that is the shame of the their mindset, they won't see the truth until it bites them personally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom