Official February 6th day of event thread.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 0128shot

Jul 7, 2011
    Poolesville,MD
    People need to stop clapping and cheering during this hearing when they hear things like "gun control does not work" and other pro-2A comments, it is making us look bad.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I started working Bladen Street between the House and Senate Buildings with the MSI Sandwich Boards at 7:45 AM. By 8:30 people were arriving and looking for directions of where to go and when. Saw Patrick arrive for his early meetings. I had a steady flow of people walking down from the stadium parking all day. I stopped a little after 11:00 and people were still coming down from the stadium! Made it to the rally and then went to my car to change into my "nice clothes". By the time I made it back to the Senate Building the line wrapped around onto Church Circle. I took a break to go get something to eat and when I got back they had closed the building! My daughter and I waited and hung out with the rabble-rousers in the courtyard until her feet got too cold. She dressed nice and was ready to testify along with me. We had to leave without ever making it into the building. No complaints here, I'm glad to see this type of Pro 2A support after all the years of only the same handful of people putting up the tireless fight. Thank you to ALL that made the time to be part of record making History in Annapolis. What a great "start". Keep up the momentum.

SomeGuy

Jan 19, 2013
    Severna Park
    No more sound of tennis, we have moved to the cheers of sober football.

Just heard a great line - it is the same as if you painted a number on the side of a Monte Carlo and called it a race car.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    By the time I got there, (9:30ish) there were already 200+ people in line to sign up to testify. I stayed until after 5:00. But it became more and more apparent that I wouldn't get to testify. And they made an announcement that they were only going until 9:00 PM. And with question and answer time for almost every witness, they were only averaging 4-7 witnesses and hour. So, I did the math.
    :(

I've got an ATM to open down in Gaithersburg first in the morning, (and I've already lost one day of work), so I decided not to stay. (If I thought I would get to testify, I would have stayed anyway.)

At one point early on Frosh announced, "We've had seven people testify and another 499 signed up".

BS! By my estimate - judging by the size of the line, there were WELL over 1,000. (That's not counting people who just dropped off written testimony.)

At least it was a good turn out. And by my observation, I'd say the "Oppose" witnesses out numbered the "Support" witnesses 10:1. (And that's being generous to the "support" crowd.)

I did get to meet with Del. John Olszewski Jr.. We agreed on a lot of points and he told me that he will not support the bill as written. (I'm going to try to meet with Norman Stone personally, since he's here in Dundalk.

And In did get to drop off my written testimony. (Although I doubt some on the committee will even read it.)

[Sigh]
    :(

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Does anyone have a list of speakers on the mall today? There was one gentleman who was on fire!!!!!!! And I could hear him even though I was behind him. He actually turned around several times to make sure everyone could hear.......

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    People need to stop clapping and cheering during this hearing when they hear things like "gun control does not work" and other pro-2A comments, it is making us look bad.

Clapping doesn't make anyone look bad. Testimonies around the country have people clapping. Never in history has clapping been a sign of looking bad. Its all about support. Frosh thinks we are nuts regardless, so clap on bruthas..

JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    I stood in line for 6 hours today to sign up.

I've never been a highly political person, but this hysterical gun-grab has finally made me get off my posterior and become an active voice for what I believe. Before the rally I did 3 sets of emails and will be doing quite a few more before the end of the session.

I live just across the Severn River from Annapolis, so I thought I'd avoid the Rowe Blvd mess and take the back-way into town across the Academy Bridge. Well AA County cops had that closed, so I had to turn around and go back to US-50...and get right into the Rowe Blvd mess!

Once I got to the stadium it wasn't too painful to get to Lawyer's Mall. Like all the other participants, I was hugely gratified to see the turnout for the rally. At 1:00, I headed over the Senate Office Building and got into the queue. It took about an hour to get inside the building and then after about 2 more hours, I was finally at the top of the stairs. After about another 30 minutes, Delegate Dwyer came up and said that we could sign the form outside the building and be among the first called for later hearings on related bills. It was now about 4:30, so I did just that.

I usually shy away from theories of intentional malevolence but the signup procedure today was over the top. I heard someone say that they only had 1 person and 1 pen, so I had to go up to the head of the line and check it out. And it was true!! After 3.5 hours of waiting, I still hadn't reached the point where I could sign the book. I can't help but feeling like it was planned that way. Knowing that we were going to have a lot of opponents to the bill, Frosh and his cronies intentionally limited the signup process to make it as painful as possible and to discourage the public from voicing their opinion on his bill.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    people are still testifying :) The day is not over yet...

I dont even think they're all the way through the pre-selected panels yet. I signed up to testify around 10 and am still a looooooooooong way off.

Sthomas229

none
    MDS Supporter
    May 7, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Does anyone have a list of speakers on the mall today? There was one gentleman who was on fire!!!!!!! And I could hear him even though I was behind him. He actually turned around several times to make sure everyone could hear.......

Black gentleman with a great smile? Charles Lollar

rob257

Jan 17, 2013
    North Central Carroll Co.
    Good for you!!-Bad on her!!

It only seemed like it.

I was splitting time working the crowd in my little corner, and policing the area. Caught a dirty look from a woman who'd been dropping butts. After I picked up her second one, she started getting the idea.

Thanks to Streetgang's wife, who went around and picked up after folks as well. Too bad we needed to.

I made a sarcastic comment earlier about "EVIL cigerettes". I'm a smoker but I don't throw the butts on the ground anywhere but my own property. I also do my utmost to stand downwind if possible or not smoke at all.
    I do get a tad touchy about my use of legal products used in a legal fashion.

Rob

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Had to work in the morning, so I showed up around 1pm and stayed 'til 4pm when things seemed to have died down. I tried to dress nice, and was able to assemble a sign last night that got a few compliments, so that was cool.

I'm not sure where this is all going, but if doesn't work in our favor, it isn't for lack of support or presence!

It was great to see and hear like-minded, responsible, people, and I felt good about taking the time to go and signing the "book" documenting the support of our cause.

I'm glad I found out about this event through the email from the site, cause I would've missed it, otherwise.

Thanks

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Back to pro-gun folks. Looks like the hearings should get nice and rowdy here shortly as frosh gets more sarcastic to the speakers.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Me and tduquin were happy to show up. Glad too see alot of support and alot of positive attention for the ar15. I agree if we loose its not from a lack of support on our part. Itll be bc the gov doesnt care about the people and makes their own shit up.

Rob Banks

Sep 3, 2011
    Catonsville
    A huge thanks to everyone for that awesome display today. I kept my son home from school today to attend the rally and I think we all made a lifelong impression on the little fellow. He was so excited to see all the "good guys" there. Thanks to everyone who showed up and thanks to the folks who were kind enough to say hi to my little boy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom