• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I was flipping through the July issue of the NRA publication "America's First Freedom" when I saw a picture of a smiling young lady holding an AR-15. What caught my eye was a mostly hidden logo on her rifle featuring the Maryland flag.

Closer inspection revealed the young lady to be none other than Sarah Merkle, the young lady who smoked 'em at the gun ban hearing last spring in Annapolis. I read the article with mixed feelings. I was reminded how intelligent Sarah is, but it brought back painful memories of this past session in Annapolis.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Saw the same article ... thoughts:

Just like Colion Noir, Natalie Foster, and Dom Raso, the NRA should make Sarah Merkle one of their 'new faces'.

Having more than just a gun safety outreach to youth is important for the longevity of 2A, and Sarah is accomplished and eloquent ... and a sweetheart to boot.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Just like Colion Noir, Natalie Foster, and Dom Raso, the NRA should make Sarah Merkle one of their 'new faces'.

Having more than just a gun safety outreach to youth is important for the longevity of 2A, and Sarah is accomplished and eloquent ... and a sweetheart to boot.

+1. It was an honor to meet her and her Dad in Annapolis. She would be a wonderful ambassador for the shooting sports.

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    I had the honor of sitting in the gallery waiting to deliver my testimony, and hearing this young lady. She is a natural star.

RavensFan11

May 28, 2013
    Timonium
    Just read that article this morning after having seen the Youtube of her speech in Annapolis...what an impressive young lady!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Definitely an outstanding young lady! She is the club secretary for Maryland Rifle Club and shoots on one of their teams. I had the great privilege of coaching her early on. She has a bright future ahead of her.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    She did a fantastic job. I got an e-mail not long ago from a friend who lives out west. He had a YouTube link to her testimony from Annapolis and asked if she was coached. I can understand why he would think that, but having spoken with her, it is clear she is a very bright young lady. She is a great ambassador for our cause.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom