• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The fall rockfish thing is really starting to heat up on the bay. Three of us got our six-fish limit yesterday plus a couple catch and release fish. The fish were all 22 to 23 inches except for one C&R checking in at around 20 inches. We caught one trolling, but the rest were caught light tackle jigging in the neighborhood of the mouth of the West/Rhode river complex.
    :party29:

In about another month, the big boys will be moving through before wintering from the mouth of the bay down to the Outer Banks. By then, I will thinking about climbing the deer stand, as it will be a little cold for a center console. :D

DSCF0036small.JPG

DSCF0038small.JPG

DSCF0042small.JPG

DSCF0053small.JPG

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    When the weather is good we've been jiggin good numbers of fish up to 30" in the upper bay, but good weather days have been few and far between.

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon
    I got a 20" today in the bush off the bridge. went out on tuesday and got a 22". tasty . rattletraps for me. I will try some top water soon.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Damn you all guy's with boats. I wish I could get out there but with my work schedule its hard since I work different hours and different days every week. If anyone would be willing to take me out there as a n00bie rockfish fisherman that would be awesome. I have my own rod and reel and some tackle but no boat so getting to fish the chesapeake is nearly impossible.

cablegod

Mar 28, 2009
    Caught my limit on Wednesday out of Crisfield, largest was 25". Was a beautiful day!
    Was opening to get on the Nanacoke today and search some of the out coves for the big boys but the thunder storms are going to keep me inside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom