• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    The big producers start with chilled meat and then throw chipped ice in when grinding to keep down the heat caused by friction. A set-up that big is the makings of a hellva party.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I do a pound and a half of venison to one pound of 80/20 beef, then just make it as you would any other hamburger.

There ya go! Except I usually do 2 lbs to 1 of hamburger. I used to grind my venison with some beef suet. But it actually holds up in the freezer better without the added fat. So when I add the ground beef after thawing the venison.

Bigsawer

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2017
    Cecil
    For patties, we like to blend in honey. The wife has a sweet tooth and I'm in it for the flavor. And the sugar content gets a little caramelized.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Are you serious? There is a way for it to be enjoyable? Is an electric grinder really worth the cost and make a difference?

I ground up over 15 lbs of meat this past weekend and was hating life.

We grind up somewhere between 20-30 deer a year and we used to butcher two beef a year along with a dozen hogs so we “ invested “ in the a and p meat room equipment when the one closed near us so grinding is a ball nowadays

We usually cut up 5-7 deer at a time and put them in buckets, cleaned and cubed, put them overnight in the fridge and I can grind them 3 times in about 30 minutes, so yep, it’s the fun part.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    we don't add anything to deer burger. the whole point is that it is a nice lean meat so we keep it that way. most of our burger ends up in casseroles, meat loaf, etc.

I used to have my deer processed the same way.

My Uncle loves venison and is paralyzed from the waist down and his body doesn't do well with high fat foods. I used to give the deer of the season to him and after a while I just had all my ground venison done that way.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I used to have my deer processed the same way.

My Uncle loves venison and is paralyzed from the waist down and his body doesn't do well with high fat foods. I used to give the deer of the season to him and after a while I just had all my ground venison done that way.

only way to go.

CcMdCsa

Jan 4, 2019
    Carroll County
    Don't do anything special really ground deer/bacon 80-20 half a chopped up onion coarse black pepper 1 beat up egg A1 steak sauce and a little bit of minced garlic then throw it on the Traeger

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom