• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I resurrected an old thread a few weeks ago but got no love so here goes.

We were awarded a contract for work and the site requires that we always have at least one crew member on site at all times who us First Aid CPR/AED certified. We had 3 or our employees to take the “In Person” Red Cross class and decided to take it myself too.

So now I want to find some sort of trauma class to take. This isn’t really firearm related but if the class included GSW aid even better.

Years ago I was present during a workplace accident where a truck driver was killed. It took first responders about 10min to arrive. I felt totally helpless. To this day I still wonder if there was anything I could have done to give him a chance to live.

I spoke to the trainer in my recent class about the Red Cross BLS class but he said it reallt doesn’t expand much further than the class we took.

I hope someone here can recommend something.

Thanks in advance for your time and recommendations.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    This class was just recently announced. Probably not what you are looking for, but it is free.

Free Emergency Preparedness Training Class
    http://www.mymcpnews.com/2019/01/09/media-advisory-free-emergency-preparedness-training-class/

If you want top of the line training I would look at Dark Angel Medical
    The next class that is somewhat close to us is later this month in PA.
    http://darkangelmedical.com/direct-action-response-training-warminster-pa-26-27-january-2019/

Thanks. I looked at Dark Angel. Looks like exactly what I had in mind. The PA class wont work but maybe the upcoming one in NJ.

I was also reading their website and they will do hosted classes too. You just need to supply the venue and have 15ppl sign up. I wonder if there would be enough interest in a Hosted MDS class somewhere in central MD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom