• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My boy is a agricultural student at UD and his fraternity does an annual lawnmower tuneup event. they power wash the mowers, sharpen blades, change the plugs and oil to raise money for their chapter of Alpha Gamma Rho (AGR).

I’m sure most of you guys who live up this way are fully capable of tuning up your own mowers. However if you have friends or family in the area maybe post a link on FB if you are so inclined. https://www.udel.edu/udaily/2019/march/lawn-mower-tuneup/

They usually do about 400 mowers but he called me and asked to borrow some tools and explained that they may have 500-600 this year. So I stopped by after work and after seeing these guys working their asses off last night in the rain, and decided to stick around and lend a hand. It’s nice to see not all college students are snowflakes. They got 200 done last night. This old man did 27 and represented the MDS geriatric generation very well.

ca734d7733b8b7bc87bf0a4545a56ab0.jpg

c835d4f15aaa2bdf9efb5772f6d1fa87.jpg

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I had to leave at 2, but I got this pic a few min ago.

baaa15d9defdab1b83425a14cf81128c.jpg

Looks like they are at the 400 mark but the’ll fall a little bit short of the 500 mower goal this year.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    That's excellent!

Kinda like the lawn mower version of the Chrysler plant, back in the day...
    :)

Are they on the South side of campus, back behind the ice rink?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    They purchased the supplies at the Pep Boys i work for. I was there the day they picked it up.

I think one of the guys in the fraternity works there. They said they spent about $2800 on oil, plugs and miscellaneous supplies.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I think one of the guys in the fraternity works there. They said they spent about $2800 on oil, plugs and miscellaneous supplies.
    I believe you are correct. Hopefully he was able to use his employee discount. Perhaps next year they can convince the company to donate some or all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom