• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    So my neighbors put this up about 8yrs ago. Then they got transferred to several overseas assignments and rented their house. Every year I get a nastygram from the HOA stating that I need to take this down or they are going to remove it and bill me. Every year I write the back and say “I’s not mine”.

So yesterday I got a visit from someone on the landscaping enforcement committee. She was a bit demanding at first basically said this was my last chance to get rid of it. Or they would remove it and send me the bill.

So I told her that for 8 yrs I’ve told them that I was put up by my neighbor and I’m not responsible it. And that I really done care if they take it away but I’m not paying a dime.

She really didn’t know what to do and stood there for about a minute and huffed “Well It’s got to go!” I responded “Yup, Agree, have a nice day”.

Today the new neighbor who now lives next to me asked me if it was ours. He said when they brought the house they just assumed it was. I told him the story and he sort of chuckled. However he said he doesn’t want it either and asked if I would help him haul it away.

I asked a few of the neighbors with young kids if they wanted to move it up to their property but there was no takers.

So anyone from MDS who would like to have this fine piece of athletic equipment just post here and we can arrange for a time to pickup. If there are no takers by 10/5 I’ll probably help my neighbor take it to the dump or Goodwill.

I think this is the model
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.c...-Hoop-Goal-Basketball-System_p_748.html?amp=1

Here is a shot. It’s dirty but probably just needs a new net and a good power washing.
    698af78e4c8e0aa702754a233bea97f7.jpg

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Wish I had a truck. My son would love that.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    If no one here takes it, list it on "Freecycle", someone on there will want it and will come and pick it up.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Will pay delivery fee to Finksburg if someone will pickup and deliver it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Will pay delivery fee to Finksburg if someone will pickup and deliver it.

My brain that likes things that go bang, is thinking store credit....Then my other brain that is responsible for my wallet, is saying no...no..no.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    My son has a pickup truck and does hauling for a fee. He's a H.S. senior and responsible. I'll check to see if he's game. Problem is he has football and college visits coming up.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    My brain that likes things that go bang, is thinking store credit....Then my other brain that is responsible for my wallet, is saying no...no..no.
    My son has a pickup truck and does hauling for a fee. He's a H.S. senior and responsible. I'll check to see if he's game. Problem is he has football and college visits coming up.

Either of these would work for me. Thanks

Dave

Ultimate Member
    Jul 10, 2008
    Gamber, Marylanistan
    If you think it would fit in the back of or on top of mountaineer as is or can take it apart, I can pickup tomorrow night late and deliver to BBP Wednesday. Just make sure it's drained. Could grab it any Tuesday really. Don't have a trailer unfortunately.

T-Man

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2010
    Catonsville
    Hey Tool - if it is still available and you are in EC, I can come and get it tomorrow. My youngest son is starting bball and would love it.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    Either of these would work for me. Thanks

My son would charge $80 to pick up and deliver. We're on in Baltimore County, so he's counting in the travel. It would most likely be on Sunday.

(Looks like T-Man would take it tomorrow...let me know.)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hey Tool - if it is still available and you are in EC, I can come and get it tomorrow. My youngest son is starting bball and would love it.

T-Man, Dan at Baltimore’s Best Pawn has claimed it but needs to arrange pickup. If he is unable to take it then consider it yours.

Lets see what Dan says.

Thanks.

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Thanks! I have a friend with a truck going to help me tomorrow. Going to be a great early bday present for my son.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom