• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i think my vickers blue force padded sling is a pretty good dual-point sling, that's what i use when required in 2 & 3 gun stages.

the magpul ms4 is pretty good also, with the option to run as a single point.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Lets say a person has a rack of various AR type rifles (carbines included) with slings. What would you'all suggest as a good general purpose, adaptable to different physical sizes, simple to operate and train, and.... affordable sling and QD's? With the 2020 Coronavirus Apocalypse (20CA) upon us, this person needs to get off thier arse and get the arsenal rigged out.

This...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07DNXHK6N?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

It's Magpul so it's decent quality. You need to add the QD swivels but those can be had for $10 for a 2 pack from any of your favorite online stores.

The fabric is tough so it's not going to tear. It's stu
    iff enough to hold in place in the swivel but soft enough that it forms to your shoulder well.

It's long enough that it can be used as a 2 point shoulder carry or 2 point front carry, but can shrink down enough to use as a 1 point carry (if you have 2 QD points on your stock like you see with the Hogue AR stocks, or other means of attaching it)

It can also be used as a shooter's sling

It's easily adjustable but won't adjust by accident

For more normal people who want something of good quality that is adjustable for various carry styles, this is your best value. At $20 you can't beat it. You can get cheaper slings but they are really cheap material. You can get more specific slings that cater to a very specific carry style that cost $75+ but unless you are carrying it all day everyday and have a very specific style to be met, I doubt that it worth the money.

For just having a good sling in case you need to carry once a year, this one is a great value

GUNSnROTORS

nude member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 7, 2013
    hic sunt dracones
    I'm looking for recommendations on a single point sling for my AR rifle. It doesn't need to have a lot of bells and whistles and shouldn't be overly expensive. What is everyone here using? Right now I have a standard two point sling. I'm looking for something more along the lines of what the Israeli Defense Force uses

Posted years ago on how I’m not a fan of single point slings. As others have mentioned above, they tend to allow you EBR to dangle and bash your sensitive parts.

See, there was this time out on patrol in the “Gonad Heights” … :kicknuts:

However, I believe this might be authentic and what you’re looking for:

https://zahal.org/product/zahal-one-point-tactical-bungee-sling/

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Lets say a person has a rack of various AR type rifles (carbines included) with slings. What would you'all suggest as a good general purpose, adaptable to different physical sizes, simple to operate and train, and.... affordable sling and QD's? With the 2020 Coronavirus Apocalypse (20CA) upon us, this person needs to get off thier arse and get the arsenal rigged out.

(Remember, these need to look good for the inevitable arsenal photo-op the local papers will publish if this person is ever red flagged.)

I put at least 2 QDs on EVERYTHING, one on the left side of the forend, left side of the stock, and usually one on the end plate/left side of the receiver above the grip. I run Magpul MS4s almost exclusively, have a couple that are adjusted for a partcular rifle, but most of the time just swap between rifles of a similar length/layout. I'm primarily a competition shooter, but do run defensive drills and classes too. For small stuff < 10" I like single point, for carbine length around 16" barrels I generally use a single point for little movement(or moving with rifle in hand) and lots of transitions, or 2pt with the forend and stock QDs slung in front for moving/shooting, or across my back if there is a lot of movement and I need it to stay stable and away from my legs. For long rifles or shotguns, I'll use a 2pt with QDs on the forend and end plate/close to grip so the barrel doesn't hang as low when slung up front, and it keeps it more stable if slung across my back, and it works out better shooting with the sling as support.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I saw an interesting sling at the GAOS.

I have to track down the info.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I put at least 2 QDs on EVERYTHING, one on the left side of the forend, left side of the stock, and usually one on the end plate/left side of the receiver above the grip. I run Magpul MS4s almost exclusively, have a couple that are adjusted for a partcular rifle, but most of the time just swap between rifles of a similar length/layout. I'm primarily a competition shooter, but do run defensive drills and classes too. For small stuff < 10" I like single point, for carbine length around 16" barrels I generally use a single point for little movement(or moving with rifle in hand) and lots of transitions, or 2pt with the forend and stock QDs slung in front for moving/shooting, or across my back if there is a lot of movement and I need it to stay stable and away from my legs. For long rifles or shotguns, I'll use a 2pt with QDs on the forend and end plate/close to grip so the barrel doesn't hang as low when slung up front, and it keeps it more stable if slung across my back, and it works out better shooting with the sling as support.

Good input, Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom