• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Sorry Guys -

I got overrun trying to get the kids to bed. 9PM is right on the verge of impossible for me, but its a good time in general, so I'll keep trying to hit it.

If I haven't posted a freq by a minute or two after 9PM, feel free to take the bull by the horns...

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Were you able to install your antenna yet?

Nope.

I need to build a new mast arm. I decided to make it out of angle and weld it. So have to stop by HD and get a piece.

Then dig out the chop saw and MIG welder. :D

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Ok
    I have been looking at a portable or mobile unit that will do both Analog and DMR both in VHF/UHF. Their are quite a few places in Sussex plus not to mention our own monkey county where DMR is being used. Since I would be using it as a scanner most of the time both in the VHF/UHF analog and Dmr range what radio would you all recommend that is under $175?
    Thanks

Mike1690

Jan 28, 2016
    Ok
    I have been looking at a portable or mobile unit that will do both Analog and DMR both in VHF/UHF. Their are quite a few places in Sussex plus not to mention our own monkey county where DMR is being used. Since I would be using it as a scanner most of the time both in the VHF/UHF analog and Dmr range what radio would you all recommend that is under $175?
    Thanks

I have a TYT MD380 that is pretty good. The UV version does both VHF and UHF. If you don’t mind going a bit higher, the BTECH 6X2 is a good radio

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    FYI - I received this email today from the Anne Arundel Radio Club:

"1st Tue Anne Arundel County ARES HF Net - Sep 1 at 1930 Hrs.

The AAC ARES HF net is on 1st Tuesdays. The net is conducted on 3820 KHz +/-. The W3AAC call sign is used by net control. Millersville repeater 146.805- 107.2 is used for coordination including large freq changes. You do not have to be an ARES member to participate.
    "

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I just re-adjusted my 130' EFHW. I'm getting some good signal, but also some static. Noise floor is between S2-3 between 40-10M.

Do you think a line isolator would help?

Is there a way to tell before I purchase the isolator if it would help?

OneGunTex

Escaped Member
    Jan 12, 2021
    Southern Maryland, no longer
    I'm still licensed General from back in my "Maritime Mobile" days. Haven't had a rig set up in years don't even have the radios anymore. I'm building an old truck though, and thinking I might install a mobile vhf/hf setup.

Heck I probably need to dig up an old manual before I even start tinkering

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I'm still licensed General from back in my "Maritime Mobile" days. Haven't had a rig set up in years don't even have the radios anymore. I'm building an old truck though, and thinking I might install a mobile vhf/hf setup.

Heck I probably need to dig up an old manual before I even start tinkering

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

General Maritime mobile doesn't translate into Amateur General class license, or do yo mean you still have a General class Amateur license?

Kagetsu

Feb 4, 2009
    I have my general ticket. Still have a Kenwood 440 and power supply that weighs like an anvil. Never got a real antenna for it, so I don't know If it still works. So at the moment I only have handhelds for 6m/2m/70cm, frs/gmrs and a Baofeng.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom