• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Definitely not bitching about it. Trying educate shooters that what they are doing is shady a$$ business practice.

And I assure you, you didn’t have me of FB asking for 1k of ammo. Come correct or be corrected.

...and 58 posts wasted trying to give you an education.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    No as I also stated I was at Cabela’s in VA and I got 2 500 box’s at 89$ as well and that was just 2 weeks ago. A sucker is born every day. If you or they or whoever keep buying it at astronomical prices they are gonna continue to sell it at that price. I don’t resell any of my ammo or primers. I shoot 1500-2k rounds a month to even fathom doing that. I basically buy now to replace what I am shooting per month.

But when you get a Bass Pro “white shirt” finding you on the net from some other social media platform and says hey can you tell me more about the picture and prices you posted about you know there is a problem. Bass Pro owns the name Herters and they have skin in the game. I do not. I am tired of seeing people being taking advantage of during this cluster F**k of a time we are in.

You got lucky. Cabela's and other retailers are going to sell at normal price when they have stuff come in stock, and for the very limited time that they do.

My buddy was at Green Top in VA two weeks ago and they had two box limits for anything in the same caliber. He walked away with two 20 round boxes of Federal XM193, tail between his legs.

Smaller retailers simply do not have the same distribution channels/ preferential treatment that Cabela's and other large retailers do.

These higher prices still allow people who need ammo to buy it. If you are going to trash a small business over this, then you should begin making your rounds all over the country right now and to every small gun shop in the USA.

J2 responded to your lashing very reasonably... they paid well over premium and went the distance to make sure they could provide ammo options for their customers. I think I and most others here agree you are taking this too far.

Mr. B

Jul 9, 2019
    MD
    You got lucky. Cabela's and other retailers are going to sell at normal price when they have stuff come in stock, and for the very limited time that they do.

My buddy was at Green Top in VA two weeks ago and they had two box limits for anything in the same caliber. He walked away with two 20 round boxes of Federal XM193, tail between his legs.

Smaller retailers simply do not have the same distribution channels/ preferential treatment that Cabela's and other large retailers do.

These higher prices still allow people who need ammo to buy it. If you are going to trash a small business over this, then you should begin making your rounds all over the country right now and to every small gun shop in the USA.

J2 responded to your lashing very reasonably... they paid well over premium and went the distance to make sure they could provide ammo options for their customers. I think I and most others here agree you are taking this too far.

^^^^^ Well said.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    J2 responded to your lashing very reasonably... they paid well over premium .

I am sure they did. Not buying it. When Bass Pro ownes Herters and they are the sole source for it? And IF. If they did purchase it at such an astronomical price that is not a good business decision. I’ve proved when and where I have purchased ammo.

Don’t see JMJ or GM asking arm and legs for ammo?

Where is the zombie apocalypse that buying or needing .60. .75. .82 or 1.05 per round is needed or justified.

You don’t have to be that lucky or that far away to find ammo at “reasonable” prices.

So when Glock or S&W for example start being sold for $2,000 you’ll be ok with it ? Because that’s what this is equivalent to.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    OK,
    I'll bite,, I need to pick up 1000 rounds of 9mm today,, where to I get it ??

I am sure they did. Not buying it. When Bass Pro ownes Herters and they are the sole source for it? And IF. If they did purchase it at such an astronomical price that is not a good business decision. I’ve proved when and where I have purchased ammo.

Where is the zombie apocalypse that buying or needing .60. .75. .82 or 1.05 per round is needed or justified.

You don’t have to be that lucky or that far away to find ammo at “reasonable” prices.

So when Glock or S&W for example start being sold for $2,000 you’ll be ok with it ? Because that’s what this is equivalent to.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    My FFL friends tell me apologetically that they are having to pay wholesale far more than their previous retail . They have standing orders for everything multiple distributors will actually ship . Also that distributors are selective in shipping first to "best" aka highest volume customers , and not much trickles down to single location LGS .

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    My question if dude is getting such great prices why not open up his own ammo shop and pass it along to us? I mean F**k if it's that easy for him to do he could make a fortune just selling ammo.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville

Who are you to decide what is a good business decision? Perhaps not everyone is as resourceful as you :rolleyes: and they made a decision to give their customers an option as opposed to none at all.

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    Ammo prices are sky high all over, and supplies are limited... and it is getting worse as time moves on.
    J2 is simply selling product, not raping and pillaging. At least they HAVE ammo for sale.
    You are beating a dead horse. It is probably time to dismount.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    Even the manufacturers don’t price gouge like that.

Ordered 8/10 2020. Delivered 9/11/2020
    Straight from federal.

Again no problem here. And i am right here in the DMV like the rest of you.

A box of this 500 rdr and shipped on you dime for the ammo starving MDS members for karma would be nice..

I'm in!!! :)

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Lets see would a like:
    A) an empty shelve of ammo at "normal" prices
    B) a half empty shelve with high prices.

Only one of those options allows people to defend themselves. As you said it yourself, you spent a lot of time to find ammo at reasonable prices, and that was just for you, not for an entire customer base. J2 has been quite open about maintaining and not increasing their markup, and that there price increases are at the distributor level.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Did Gym Ratz open a new location

I kid , i kid LOL

My last 1k of 9mm cost me 180 dollars to the house , Mind you that is loading your own ... Hate to say it but maybe its time to start reloading ..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Now is the time to start reloading ....... IF you already have stacks of primers . Small Pistol primers are scarcer than 9mm ammo . As in essentially zero for forseeable future .

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Now is the time to start reloading ....... IF you already have stacks of primers . Small Pistol primers are scarcer than 9mm ammo . As in essentially zero for forseeable future .

Every place I go I check for small pistol primers and get the same result :lol::lol::lol:. Was at Medusa Munitions yesterday and they had a pretty good selection of ammunition, like other places some higher priced but some not to bad. I picked up some cowboy loads $13.50/50.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What's the term for a male Karen?

Trashing a great small firearms business whose owner BTW does more to defend the 2A in MD before he gets out of bed than I would venture the OP has in his lifetime. If I were the owner of J2 I would ban this prick from the store.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    You know your running a good business when you can only find one person on the internet to trash talk you, and over something as ridicules as prices are too high? "Darn I really wanted J2 to be out of ammo instead of having a little on the shelf"

Trashing a great small firearms business whose owner BTW does more to defend the 2A in MD before he gets out of bed than I would venture the OP has in his lifetime. If I were the owner of J2 I would ban this prick from the store.

But he is an anonymous poster on an internet forum. Unlike many of us here, nobody knows who he is. They can't ban who they don't know.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD

Seriously. John is nearly the most decent human being in the state when it comes to the 2nd amendment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom