• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    You did the right thing you put him down , it was the most compassionate thing to do . His so called military background and resume one would think he would be smarter or wiser .

Folks like him (Liberals) always talk in such a way that 2A means muskets , if that is the case then 1A is not computers & Iphones .

Real heroes don't talk about their military service.

My grandfather went in on D-Day. Mentioned it one time in the 42 years I knew him.

We have people here whom I know did some serious stuff, and while we've chatted about it, they would never talk about it as a lever to bolster their point in a discussion.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Oh, most of understand that perfectly. We just want to play with the troll, can we play with the troll Norton, please??????!!!!!!!!

I let y'all play cat and mouse with him for a bit at least.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    One, I never said anything about Trump or Biden. The fact is I don’t give two shits when it comes to the 2A. I served the country and did so with honor and integrity. My oath to the country doesn’t state support and defend Republicans or Democrats, it say defend the constitution of the US.

The fact people are pissed and shitting themselves making threats, proved my point to the T. The one major statement was that we are all Americans, everyone has equal rights and entitlements.

Look at the comments, you’ll see the exact rhetoric I spoke of in my original post. Someone from this very forum took it upon themselves to be so angry that they Googled my name, went on other social media making threats, posting in conversations that don’t pertain to this forum..

To save the rest of you the trouble, nothing but facts: Yes I have 2 degrees and working on a 3rd, yes, I was Army Intelligence, yes, I am in fact a Black NRA member, yes I do have quite the number of guns and ammo for them, Yes I am a GS15... now none of that has ANYTHING to do with the 2A.

Then why did you bring them up, in your OP? To pound your chest? To "add" credibility to your OP? (It didn't)

For the people that can’t read: I believe people should be able to buy whatever gun they want. I don’t believe the 2A meant everyone.. We live in a society where one would think differentiating beliefs could be discussed... however I am constantly amazed at the level of maturity displayed by some of those that claim to be “American”..

This is the ONLY thing you got right. At the time of it's writing, it did not apply to everyone residing in the US.

TexasBob

Another day in Paradise
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    Space Coast
    The OP has proved an opinion on a few things now would be a good time for them to move on to Facebook or twitter where may find someone to give a Sh!t about that opinion. They need to take the spoon that they used to stir the pot and put it were the sun don't shine. Doesn't look like they will be happy or a good fit in MDS. :tongue01:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Nope sorry went from basic, to Fort Huachuca, to Benning, than to Bragg... got a full 20 page jump log and 3 DD214s...

That's nice, that and $1.25 will get you a cup of coffee.

certainly not a leg.

With your opening statement, and all of the misinformation in it. Yeah, you are. I know guys that have jumped as long or longer, as well as those that have a lot fewer that I would consider true Airborne, given their understanding of their oath (Which you completely shat on in your OP), and what is involved in following through on it.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Ahh someone thinks they know math... I enlisted in 94 delayed entry (1), re-up 98 (2), re-up 03 (3), ETS.. Federal Employee (4)... anybody else want to try counting.. each time you have to take an oath. Now.. let’s talk about the oaths everyone else took... let’s start with those “Oath Keepers” ... I’m pretty sure no natural citizens have taken the oath of citizenship.. I’ll wait.. Meanwhile, I’m actually looking at joining the Navy Reserves, (active duty time minus current age) so Ill be taking that oath again.. anyone to pointlessly argue that?
    I’m a Master Mason too anyone want to question that as well?

I'm betting it's the same oath I and others took when we volunteered for the military. Also those that took an oath when they became LE.

Still can't figure out what oath you took since you stated "Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution"

Sorry, but my military Oath, and that of those that I served with, was indeed to the Constitution.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Fact is I have them, and my 201 file.. my DD214 says HONORABLE.. not understanding the basis of your argument.

Fact: Me: I believe people should be able to buy what ever gun they want.. But the 2A wasn’t talking about everyone.

Board: He’s a fraud, a liar, we hate his guts, he should be shot and killed, he supports Biden..

But what I stated about this board isn’t true?

Cherry picking what you wrote?

"The 2nd Amendment in truth was not speaking to every Tom, Dick, and Harry having a firearm. It spoke specifically of a Well Regulated Militia, and their right to keep and bear arms."

You fact is not a fact based on countless years of history and judicial writings and rulings.

Fact: You are completely wrong in your belief.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Mine was about protecting and defending the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

But I'll add "as well as blow hard internet trolls" when it suits my fancy.

His was "Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution."

So he is NOT one of us.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

My grandfather went in on D-Day. Mentioned it one time in the 42 years I knew him.

We have people here whom I know did some serious stuff, and while we've chatted about it, they would never talk about it as a lever to bolster their point in a discussion.

Not only that, real heroes resent it when you call them heroes. My father almost downed and got shot at by an 88mm cannon mounted on a U-boat in the Caribbean in WWII, and almost froze to death and got shot at a lot in Korea. I told Pop that he was a hero, and he got really pissed at me for doing so. To living combat vets, the real heroes are the ones who never made it back.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hmm did I threaten anyone on this board? Nope, did I call out any personal attacks to race creed or religion? Nope, Did I say people should turn in their guns? Nope..

What I did do.. I posted a concern, and an opinion. I believe America isn’t about being Black, White, Republican or Democrat, American is an ideology comprised of forward thinking beings, doers, and pioneers, an everlasting spirit of true grit and integrity.

I don’t know about the rest of you, I don’t know your pasts, but that’s what being an American means to me. I’ve been to other countries where people see that American flag on our uniform and burst into tears. Hell, I shed tears every time the National Anthem is played, and yes I do stand at attention, cause I have friends that died for America and I fight for America.

You guys can hate me, call me what ever you want,,but the truth remains, if I am called to service to fight for you I will without mental reservation. If anyone called upon me for help, I will be there to help within the limits of my ability. I will fight for every American until the arthritis in my shoulders denies my ability to lift my rifle.

Can anyone else say the same? Or is your patriotism limited to those who share your color, political affiliation, religious beliefs?

I've been saying that since before you enlisted.

But you run your mouth too much and you shat upon the Oath with this comment: "Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution."

To I and other veterans that came before you, you are dead to us for that simple reason alone. We took our oath and we still keep it. You, on the other hand, completely misrepresented it.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I've been saying that since before you enlisted.

But you run your mouth too much and you shat upon the Oath with this comment: "Military Oath = Armed combatant, defending the entire body of the US, not the written constitution."

To I and other veterans that came before you, you are dead to us for that simple reason alone. We took our oath and we still keep it. You, on the other hand, completely misrepresented it.
    I love reading your excellent, well reasoned and spot on accurate posts, but you do realize Mr. 'Rambo' is banned, yes?

Not that he isn't reading these non-water cooler replies.

Kudos Dan, your next beverage is on me. :thumbsup:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Two of us have now challenged you on your 18F claim. You think that claim is going to lend some authority to your opinion of the 2A, yet you repeatedly ignore every opportunity, even in a private PM, to back it up.

Your silence speaks volumes. You are a fraud. The next time you want to use stolen valor to back up your bullsh*t, at least be smart enough to do it on a forum where the membership cannot vet you and call you out on it.

Here is a good forum where you should feel right at home:

http://basketmakers.com/a/forum/forum.htm

You, I, and others didn't give him any credit or authority for, because we know that those that have walked that walk, don't brag about it or use it as an opening statement.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^^

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I love reading your excellent, well reasoned and spot on accurate posts, but you do realize Mr. 'Rambo' is banned, yes?

Not that he isn't reading these non-water cooler replies.

Kudos Dan, your next beverage is on me. :thumbsup:

Thank you, I enjoy picking people apart. I noticed he didn't reference any of my comments, but those of others to try and trigger them.

Norton banned him as I was catching up, but yes, he can still read my comments.

Thank you, sorry I couldn't make the meet-up this past weekend.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Not only that, real heroes resent it when you call them heroes. My father almost downed and got shot at by an 88mm cannon mounted on a U-boat in the Caribbean in WWII, and almost froze to death and got shot at a lot in Korea. I told Pop that he was a hero, and he got really pissed at me for doing so. To living combat vets, the real heroes are the ones who never made it back.

Hit from a U Boat in the Caribbean?

Now that is a story I'd like to hear in detail

History books discuss WWII as this far away event on the other side of the planet. Most ignore all the battles that actually occured right here near our own shores (Japanese artillary fire on coastal cities, Japanese bomb balloons that floated across the Pacific, Nazi u boats off our shores, Nazi prisoners in the South, etc)

Somehow those stories fascinate me more that the European/Pacific Theater stories

Sirex