• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    Just got a little metal rocket stove... it fits nicely in a 30 round ammo can along with a couple of lighters, a small cooking pan, some fat wood, and a couple of single serve pouches of spam and oatmeal.

I haven't seen those single serve SPAM in so long I thought they stopped making them . Very handy to have

rmnhsd

Nov 17, 2020
    Isopropyl alcohol! I use it for pretty much everything but disinfecting- so imagine my anger when I saw the shelves completely empty and some a$$holes selling them on eBay for $50 for a $3 bottle when the pandemic started.

Now I always camp out at the Walmart when they bring out the pallets and steal the cases of ISA before they get a chance to put them on the shelf.

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Just got a little metal rocket stove... it fits nicely in a 30 round ammo can along with a couple of lighters, a small cooking pan, some fat wood, and a couple of single serve pouches of spam and oatmeal.

Spam and oatmeal... I'll have to try that!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hit the "scratch and dent" section at the local shoppers, came away with 8 boxes of instant oatmeal at $1/box, 1 Lb box of sketti for .60 and a 2 Lb box for $1. Several small single serve apple sauce and various fruit cups for .10 each.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    KN95 respirator masks seem to be in good supply on eBay and Amazon, some for $0.40/mask. The KN95 rating is a Chinese standard that mimics the US N95 rating. A couple points of caution. Some masks may not have been certified KN95 but are just stamped that they are. Second, some actual KN95 masks were deemed inadequate by US agencies when tested against N95 masks (in part because the KN95 ear loop ones didn't seal well). I personally prefer 3M N95 respirators, and have a small stock of them, but see that they're still running about $4-5/mask on eBay (which is down from about $20/mask in April). Thus am thinking of supplementing this stock with some KN95 masks, and using a cloth mask on top that loops over the back of the head to improve the seal.

If you're spending a lot of time indoors in proximity to people not from your household this winter, and don't have a N95 mask supply, might want to consider shopping for some N95 or KN95 respirators in case supply becomes tight and prices rise again.

This.

KN95 masks may not be better than N95s, but they are a lot better than cloth masks and bandannas.

Blue Arrow KN 95 masks are available again from Newegg. $19 for a box of 30 with free shipping. I bought a case of these for the office, they're a pretty good fit for most people and aren't as uncomfortable as an N95 for extended wear.

ETA: on sale for $17.99 for the next 20+ hours

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    This.

KN95 masks may not be better than N95s, but they are a lot better than cloth masks and bandannas.

Blue Arrow KN 95 masks are available again from on Newegg. $19 for a box of 30 with free shipping. I bought a case of these for the office, they're a pretty good fit for most people and aren't as uncomfortable as an N95 for extended wear.

Thanks, that's the best deal I've seen in a while. Got the company to spring for a box. :party29:

smkranz

Certified Caveman
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 21, 2013
    Carroll County
    Improved our Bacon SPAM position.

0583acb0f75a916bc4d692b89d6e7c59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Got some myself yesterday. Also a few Vienna sausages. Couldn’t find a can of ravioli at all!

Attachments

• C8E4D2BA-E1A5-4019-917B-A0C7E28298E5.jpg
      C8E4D2BA-E1A5-4019-917B-A0C7E28298E5.jpg
      82 KB · Views: 366
    • 3E988914-2381-497A-8B23-AF0F86CE7B2D.jpg
      3E988914-2381-497A-8B23-AF0F86CE7B2D.jpg
      86.9 KB · Views: 375

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    Man... I can't keep spam of any variety on my house. It goes entirely too fast. Spam, rice, and eggs. Maybe with some chopped tomatoes and onions and a dash of soy...Good eats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom