• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Try a range that allows you to rent different hand guns also. Maybe take yours to let him try.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    This is why I'm a big H&K fan. Everyone's hands are different.

My hands seem to fit a lot of guns.

That said, Cz’s all seem to fit me well. Okay, not a 52. But every other Cz I’ve tried fits well. And 75s are just a damned delightful action and trigger.

Don’t own a 75 (yet). I’ve shot a couple 75s in 9 and 40. Loved them (loved the 9s better). I do own an 83 and a 50 and love them deeply.

I have a very deep fondness for 1911s. Less so 2011s, but they are alright. Don’t own a one (or even multiple). I will fix that eventually. Shot many of them though.

I like Beretta 92s. Quite a bit. Also don’t own one (again, yet).

Glocks though...

Don’t what the hell it is about them. Got a 17 and a 21. I’ll likely end up with a 19 and a 20 before too long. Or at least build a 20 slide to swap the frame around. I’ve got the bits (except a barrel) to build a 34 slide to swap on top my 17 frame for range fun.

I don’t really like the single stack or sub-compact Glocks.

But the compact, full size and competition/hunting Glocks. Dunno. The gen 3 Glocks just fit my hand perfectly. Especially the large frame Glocks. Points great. Generally is not picky (I did find Winchester ranger T +p 147gr needed an 18# recoils spring to operate reliably. Otherwise I think I’ve had one or possibly two failures that might have just been Ammo related in at least 1500 rounds. I had more issues with a P80, but since I got a gen 3 frame, pretty flawless). Easy to find parts. Simple to work gun. Pretty corrosion resistant. Not terribly expensive.

Not my favorite handguns, but I sure own more of them and maybe more interest in them than other handguns.

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    Despite my best efforts and many tries, I never found myself to be a Glock fanboy. Don't get me wrong. They're reliable as all get out and pretty comfy to shoot--minus those dang factory sights. But I just can't buy into it. But for some reason, I'll love just about any Sig put in my hands.

That being said, the Beretta 92FS is still my favorite hands down.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Despite my best efforts and many tries, I never found myself to be a Glock fanboy. Don't get me wrong. They're reliable as all get out and pretty comfy to shoot--minus those dang factory sights. But I just can't buy into it. But for some reason, I'll love just about any Sig put in my hands.

That being said, the Beretta 92FS is still my favorite hands down.

Hands down agree with you. Glock factory sights are F-ing garbage. I am a big fan of Novak style sights. My Glocks all wear Tru-glo fiber sights and my group sizes dropped about 50% with them compared to factory sights in all types of shooting. Especially dim light or shooting when in deep shadow.

Mighty Joboo

Sep 15, 2020
    Hands down agree with you. Glock factory sights are F-ing garbage. I am a big fan of Novak style sights. My Glocks all wear Tru-glo fiber sights and my group sizes dropped about 50% with them compared to factory sights in all types of shooting. Especially dim light or shooting when in deep shadow.

First thing you do when buying a Glock...Tell the whole world about it. Second step, change the sights.

D_S

Aug 22, 2018
    Hollywood
    Finding something that fits the hand and you are comfortable shooting is important (desert eagle isn't for everyone)

Couldnt agree more with your comparison to garbage. However, while I like the Tru-Glos, Ive started migrating to the Ameriglo bolds. I really like the thinner front sight post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom