• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    To the OP, yes that is fine, but it has to be suspended by a frame that allows it to swing if your using a 2 point mount.
    THe problem there is your supposed to let it stop swinging before hitting it again. That can take time.
    Single point mount at an angle is much better because by the rule as long as it has the proper angle (plate angle) you can keep shooting.

I use one with a spring. If you don't have a swing, you have to tighten it up to the point where it has the proper angle.
    I"m curious if you tighten them up enough, will it "PING" still as loud as with the spring.

I shoot a big 12" torso target cause I mostly shoot offhand with milsurps and iron sights

vinconco

Mar 4, 2016
    Easy to HANG

Hang Fast Targets T Post hangers use gravity to produce a target angle. Plates are mounted loosely which enhances harmonics (clang) and are reactive.

Q1Pt5ZO.jpg

B0fbqFh.jpg

7zuuM7p.jpg

vinconco

Mar 4, 2016
    Hang Fast Targets has designed a new hanger that mounts on a 2 x 4 the same way their T Post Hanger mounts on a T Post. They will have a 2 x 4 STAND that is adjustable for Terrain and uneven ground. They plan to have it available before Christmas.

kb830

MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2020
    Clarksville, MD
    AGC does not allow metal post for hanging.
    The base can be metal, but not the post. Most people use 2x4.
    there are brackets to insert the 2x4 at 100 yards on 100 yard range and 25 yards on the pistol range.

For pistol at 52 yards on the 100 yard range, you have to use your own base which can be metal

I have this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014ALUXEM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been wondering what to do about a base. Are you using the base that sticks in the ground like in the link? Or a base that just sits on the ground?

Hang Fast Targets has designed a new hanger that mounts on a 2 x 4 the same way their T Post Hanger mounts on a T Post. They will have a 2 x 4 STAND that is adjustable for Terrain and uneven ground. They plan to have it available before Christmas.

Looking forward to seeing what they designed.

I've considered something like this:
    Highwild 2x4 Target Hanger

Because it allows a 2x4 to go through it. Mount maybe 2 on the 2x4 (if they fit) with the AGC Target Hanger (or similar) on the top. If 2 won't fit, then just 1 in the middle (ish) of the 2x4 but still topped with the AGC Target Hanger.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I have been wondering what to do about a base. Are you using the base that sticks in the ground like in the link? Or a base that just sits on the ground?

As I mentioned, At AGC, there are custom made bases behind real rail road ties. You don't need a base for 100 yards on rifle and 25 yards on Pistol. Skinny side of 2x4 faces the shooter.

I do have on loan from my dad one that is steel and has 4 legs that stick out. Its pretty big. 1 to 1 1/2' legs I think.

A stick in base would just fall over on my big target or a hard hit.

martman

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2017
    To the OP, yes that is fine, but it has to be suspended by a frame that allows it to swing if your using a 2 point mount.
    THe problem there is your supposed to let it stop swinging before hitting it again. That can take time.
    Great point. I'll need to come up with some other kind of "reaction"

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Let's see it! Not being able to use steel fence posts at AGC, I'd be interested in a 2x4-based system.

Are you "Hang Fast Targets"? Can we get an MDShooters deal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom