• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DitchDoctor

Oct 30, 2020
    The machine Gun nest in Frederick county is good. $10 handgun rentals and a large selection to choose from.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Yep. I think memberships are $49 per month. I will probably get one once I can afford to buy range ammo on the regular again.

I would say it was worth it. It's a very nice set up, almost too nice. I had to pinch myself a few times and remind myself I was still in Maryland.
    I have joined. I go at least once a week. Normally to the 25 yard range.
    In the long run for me, more shooting time and cheaper then Continental.
    Also, you cannot shoot AR's at Continental.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    Cindy’s is open now and some wanker with an AR already shot a target carrier... 5 times... good thing they made them out of AR500... I had a great time there today. Love the new target carriers and the various modes on them...

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Imagines shooting .338 Lapua at 25yds . Scratches head , wonders Why ?

Last time I was at the Gunpowder indoor range or Bel Air gun range...just me and one other shooter. I was shooting slugs out of my 12 gauge lever gun and the other guy was shooting a .375 HH. DAMN THAT WAS LOUD!

Virgil Co.C

Aug 10, 2018
    Like Kirkster said Cindys Hot shots range is open now . It’s has been closed for renovation. Went yesterday , ya I guess it’s nicer . But it is loud .Guy next to me was shooting 12gauge which was loud but seemed like I could feel the concussion from the shot. I wear plugs with ear muffs over them and it was loud. I packed up and left . Not enjoyable that loud . I can shoot and have under some serious noise but that was to much for me . I will just have to make a point getting up there on there slow hours which I found is early in the day. The new target touch pad

ya guess it’s cool , the old toggle worked fine for me .Never have been a fan of so called technology. Guess I was a little disappointed, don’t know what I was expecting I guess . Check it out for yourself , don’t get me wrong it’s nice , a lot different from what it was , guess I’m just old schooled.Can shoot just about anything there now, owners are great people can’t stress that enough. Can’t imagine being in there with 4 or 5 people shooting shotguns and rifles. Have good hearing protection when you go .

czman

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 20, 2020
    MSAR although that place feels unsafe at times with the inexperienced shooters.

Freds Outdoors as well but thats in southern MD.

Both MSAR and Fred's seem to attract a significant number of well-put-together female shooters. :D

The 50-yard rifle range at MSAR seems safer than the pistol ranges there.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It doubley costs more , more for basic hourly , plus more for additional person .

In normal times would be self selecting for more serious shooters , shooting by themselves . Currently with long lines and wait times , I'm sure people will use whichever is available sooner ( unless actually shooting rifle caliber rifles ) .

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I used to shoot my AMT 4inch 22 magnum automag 2 and that sucker was louder than some larger caliber handguns. Big fireball and loud...people usually looked around the lanes to see where it was coming from. Now its my S&W Governor when firing 410 slugs.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I have shot several AR15 rifles at Free State indoor range. I have shot the 223/5.56 / 7.62x39 and 6.8 SPC. Also my VZ58 semiauto. Its loud as heck but a good range to sight in a scope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom