• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Hi, so I had a few questions for you guys out there. So I've been looking into selling/trading my pump action shotgun, if anyone wants more info on the shotgun message me. A guy contacted me looking to work out a trade involving cash and this rough rider 16, its a 22lr. He told me that because of barrel length I don't need an HQL, nor do we need to have it transferred out of his name. So I wanted to know if that's true. I looked at it and I thought it would be cool to turn this into a 22wmr/magnum carbine/SBR. I talked it over with my dad and he was fairly confident that I could do it with little effort or risk of damaging or blowing up the barrel. And as much as he knows, he doesn't know everything so I wanted to get somewhat of a second opinion. I was curious if it would be possible to simply change out the 22lr cylinder for a 22wmr cylinder with out compromising the barrel or frame. Now as far as the shoulder stock I've only found one company that seems to make them, but it's essentially just a blank stock, you have to sand it down and seal it yourself. So I was curious if you guys had any leads on where I might be able to find a finished stock for it.

Question summary
    1. Do I need an HQL to own it?
    2. would we need to do some sort of transfer or would a bill of sale suffice?
    3. Can I simply switch out the 22lr cylinder for a 22wmr cylinder without running the risk of it eventually have the barrel blow up or damaging the frame or even have the cylinder blow up? Or would I have to get a new barrel for it as well?
    4. Does anyone have any leads on where I might be able to find a finished shoulder stock for it?
    5. Is it really worth the trouble to turn this 22lr revolver into a 22 magnum revolver carbine?

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    Check the rules. You need 50 posts to sell anything here.

The rough rider 16 is a regulated handgun. You need a HQL and a FFL or State Police transfer.

The buttstock is a whole separate can of worms.

You are not only on a slippery slope you look like Wil E Coyote and just ran off the end of a cliff.

You are suggesting several illegal actions.

You should do some reading before you end up in trouble.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Not sure if you can get the Rough Rider in MD or not. The 16 inch barrel means it's not technically a pistol any more.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Somethings up with this guy. He had an identical post except it was asking info on a trap door. Also while trying to sell his shotgun.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Same person for same reason, basically the guy offered up a few different firearms for trade, the two I liked was the trapdoor and the rough rider 16. I didn't post them together because one is a rifle, one is a revolver. In the past I've posted on different sites asking questions regarding worth of the shotgun, people start asking in the comments and I'd rather someone message me then comment. It's called backstory, guys.

m.ammer69

Jul 3, 2013
    Just wanted to update anyone that has seen this,trade fell through. We weren't able to agree on how much the firearms were worth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom