• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    I have a TC Contender super 16 stainless barrel in .45/.410. The front screw that holds the rib to the barrel backed out and is lost. Any idea where I could get a replacement? Also could use a couple of plug screws. (already tried Numrich)

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Brownells?

T/C is pretty KISS / commonsensical / utilitarian in their design and execution so, I’m gonna be real surprised if what you’re looking for doesn’t turn out to be a pretty common size and thread pattern screw. With that in mind, I’ve taken barrels and slides etc into ACE hardwares and picked through the “specialty” hardware pullout trays with great success. If nothing else I walk out knowing what thread / pitch I need!

I get weekly e-ads from Midway and the parts they put on clearance repeatedly surprises me so, I’d try there ... Edit: just looked and Nada :-(

First two phone calls I’d make tomorrow am (“let your fingers do the walking,” etc) would be to: a) T/C and b) Brownells tech Dept. I’m definitely feelin’ your gonna find it is a common size and thread pattern fastener. Def same for the plug screws ...

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    First two phone calls I’d make tomorrow am (“let your fingers do the walking,” etc) would be to: a) T/C

The simple solution... guess it didn't occur to me since they don't make it anymore. However, you're right that's where I should start. Thanks.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Some good hardware stores have trays of various gunscrews. I was able to find what I needed at Courtland Hardware in Fallston.
    Don't waste your time with Lowes or Home Depot

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Some good hardware stores have trays of various gunscrews. I was able to find what I needed at Courtland Hardware in Fallston.
    Don't waste your time with Lowes or Home Depot

Many of the Ace Hardware stores have trays of gun screws too. I have found several needed parts at 2 different Ace stores near home. If that doesn't work, try here: https://www.eabco.net/Parts-Tools-Misc_c_2703.html

Good luck!

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Case closed: Finally got through to TC customer service but, well worth the wait. They're sending me one free of charge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom