• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    PA background checks

What is the deal with them now . Is the PA State Police doing the checks like i was told and do they take hours or days .
    I thought the Feds. did the checks .
    Can someone help me out in understanding the system and does it vary from resident or non-resident buyers >

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm not sure of the answer to that. I think that they do a PICS check for all firearm sales. Of course, a non-resident can't get a check on handgun sales.

Yes agreed on handgun , i am talking rifle . It is not unlawful to buy and transport rifle for Maryland buyer from various states . I might misunderstand who does the checks , do the MD. State Police do Maryland gun sale or do the Feds.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    Different states have different laws/systems. Maryland, as you know, has MSP check for handguns but dealer direct to NICS for long guns. In PA, it's PICS (PA State Police) for everything. Also, for benefit of others reading this, anyone can buy long guns from any dealer (interstate sale, under Federal law) provided the sale is legal in the buyer's state of residence AND the state where the sale takes place.

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    PA background checks

What is the deal with them now . Is the PA State Police doing the checks like i was told and do they take hours or days .
    I thought the Feds. did the checks .
    Can someone help me out in understanding the system and does it vary from resident or non-resident buyers >

Who's dicking you around now?

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Who's dicking you around now?

Seems the last time you were talking about PA there was some type of issue IDK

I am trying to learn and gain knowledge on something about background checks that is not clear to me .

Not really in the mood for your simpleton replies , if you want to joke around and be playful get to know me a bit .
    I do love to joke around and have fun .

Reloader

Ultimate Member
    Oct 23, 2007
    Arnold, MD
    I am trying to learn and gain knowledge on something about background checks that is not clear to me .

Not really in the mood for your simpleton replies , if you want to joke around and be playful get to know me a bit .

Don't think I'll waste my time...carry on with your bad self LOL.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

So, are they poking you with 6011 or 7018?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Okay is that for resident & non-resident ?? or just for people that live there

PA does their PICS check for any long gun sales, including non-resident. I think it costs five bucks if you aren't already in the system. I have bought a rifle or two in PA and it's never been a big deal.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    PICS as others have said is PA's own animal. Have been averaging an hour or two to get an approval for the last several months, prior to 2020's buffoonery, it took 5min at most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom