• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Have you been getting the newsletters? I think the renewal forms were in the last 2 newsletters.

I found one in a stack.

But in past years, the outside was stamped RENEWAL in red.

Not this year. I emailed to ask about a grace period due to COVID and the screwed up mail.

But if I don't hear today, I guess I have to show up in the morning. Oh well.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    It expires Dec. 31 every year, looks like you will need to go thru the orientation again. That sucks.

Yes it does.

I don't even mind the $100 fee, as I am happy to support the club, but 3.5 hours of range orientation for a range I know.......

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I found one in a stack.

But in past years, the outside was stamped RENEWAL in red.

Not this year. I emailed to ask about a grace period due to COVID and the screwed up mail.

But if I don't hear today, I guess I have to show up in the morning. Oh well.

Maybe you could get the Post Office to back date your payment since they don't seem to have a problem doing that with ballots.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    It expires Dec. 31 every year, looks like you will need to go thru the orientation again. That sucks.
    <<It expires Dec. 31 every year, looks like you will need to go thru the orientation again. That sucks.>>

AGC has a grace period- you can renew anytime for 2021 if you have your old 2020 or 2019 badge.
    You will need a current membership card from your club. No need to repeat the safety orientation unless you've been expired since 2018.

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    <<Im also looking to join a club that has pistol, rifle and trap, shotgun ranges>>

Try the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, (AGC), located in Marriottsville, Maryland. The AGC was formed on July 1, 1944 when a number of World War II veterans in the Baltimore, Maryland area began looking for a place for recreational and competitive shooting. They organized with several other Baltimore area shooting clubs to form the “AGC”. https://agcrange.org/

The facility has:
    A fifty-eight point outdoor range, firing at 25 and 50 yards, with covered firing line — equipped to handle NRA conventional pistol match competitions;

A 100-yard, benchrest-equipped, rifle, black powder, shotgun, and pistol range, with covered firing line — firing at intermediate distances of 25, 50, and 75 yards;

A ten point outdoor, high power rifle range with covered firing line — firing at 200 yards, with military-style target frames and equipped to handle national match events;

A four field, lighted, outdoor trap range with voice-activated and manual trap houses, a wobble trap, and portable Lincoln trap throwers;

A 25 yard archery range and simulated tree stand;

20-yard shotgun patterning range.

-----------------

You can join Maryland Shall Issue online - https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/index.php

With your MSI email receipt, you can take the range safety orientation and get your range badge for 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom