• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Just googled and found their home page. Nice to know about this site. At those prices I have a hard time imagining that they will sell out.

BTW, the only Makarov ammo that they have is of the +P variety. I don't know enough to know if that will accelerate wear on the handguns. I have an East German and a Bulgarian Mak I like shooting and would hate to wear them out - though, honestly, they seem pretty indestructible.

All of Buffalo Bore's ammo is loaded hot.

Their .45-70 Magnum lever gun ammo is brutal ....lol

As far as selling out, actually they are just now getting some stuff back in stock.

Shore88

Dec 20, 2020
    Eastern Shore
    Magtech 300 BK seems to be in stock more than others at the moment. Mail order anyway. Is there a reason for this? Bad stuff? Looking at 200 gr specifically.

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    For the past 5 years I've already been shipping to my friend in WV since I'm out there every 2 weeks.
    I don't want deliveries here while I'm out there and his place is secure for deliveries at all times.
    His nearest neighbor is 700 yards away.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Just googled and found their home page. Nice to know about this site. At those prices I have a hard time imagining that they will sell out.

BTW, the only Makarov ammo that they have is of the +P variety. I don't know enough to know if that will accelerate wear on the handguns. I have an East German and a Bulgarian Mak I like shooting and would hate to wear them out - though, honestly, they seem pretty indestructible.

Under the current conditions no one will be able to shoot much for fun or practice. It's buy now or cry later, unless you have already stashed a supply.

The market is reacting with terror to the New World Order. By the time suppliers restock it's possible purchase restrictions will be being discussed, which will push the fear-driven shortage into overdrive.

If you need Mak ammo, buy it. You won't be shooting enough to wear out your guns. Maks are military/police anyway, and were made for hot ammo.

BTW, some of the Buffalo Bore stuff is standard pressure, safe for the older guns. It is more potent than range ammo, but that's not what it's for.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    This is all just revenge.

They're pissed that Ammo Jon making more money than they are. I suspect the entire purpose is to put him out of business so that they can take away his W&C permit.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I always dislike this time of year but if I read it correctly IF you have an hql you can guy ammo .

Not exactly.

If you have an HQL, you'd be exempt from needing a background check before buying ammo.

Of course with things like ordering online, how the F are the sellers going to handle that? I suspect mostly "sorry, no sales to Maryland".

Sure, they could just ask for a copy of your FFL or HQL (FFLs are also exempt). How many are going to bother doing that? Yes, sure, probably a few. But it is going to severely limit options for sure.

That said, more and more are working with CA's ridiculous crap. So maybe even if this crap happened it wouldn't (entirely) be the end of the world.

I am sure you'd see things limited significantly though. I don't see Walmart bothering with implementing this (not like they have much anymore. Well, no one has anything right now, but right before the pandemic hit, what they had was limited).

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    WOW this will jack up the prices even more, I couldnt even stock up, not willing to pay these crazy prices... just shoveling all these bills down 2021

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I have a liberal friend who owns a gun and would like to buy another. I just sent him an email about this bill.

I wonder how long it will take him to realize that his political choices are incompatible with his desire to provide for his self defense? I didn't say anything about that, I simply placed the HB in front of him.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I have a liberal friend who owns a gun and would like to buy another. I just sent him an email about this bill.

I wonder how long it will take him to realize that his political choices are incompatible with his desire to provide for his self defense? I didn't say anything about that, I simply placed the HB in front of him.

Good for you.

At some point, hopefully, it clicks in his mind that if his choice of politics is incompatible with self-defense, that maybe his other choices of politics just might need to be re-examined also.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    MD really seems to want to keep me employed in VA. Just ship the stuff to the office. They don't care.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Good for you.

At some point, hopefully, it clicks in his mind that if his choice of politics is incompatible with self-defense, that maybe his other choices of politics just might need to be re-examined also.

Not necessarily. Plenty of liberal gun owners support stronger laws.

If he is just looking at self defense or a small amount of shooting, the bill probably won’t affect him too much. It is poor people or people who shoot in volume who will really get screwed hard. If a guy is buying 4-6 boxes of ammo once or twice a year, possibly needing to wait a few extra minutes at an LGS and possibly pay $10 fee or something probably isn’t going to get their blood boiling.

And I they just bought a handgun then they have an HQL and will probably think “oh, well I’d be exempt. Whatever”

It is the guys who have refused to get an HQL who shoots a ton or if online dealers just decide it isn’t worth selling in to Maryland. And the poor people who might just have a shotgun or rifle and need to get a box or two every once in awhile. Also those who don’t have an HQL who have NICS troubles from time to time and have to deal with that pain of holds.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Another issue is it will essentially shut down mail order to MD, we will be restricted to buy what the LGS offers on their shelves, at their price.
    I do deer management and shoot a very specific slug that is matched to my guns.
    My lever 22's like a specific sub sonic .22
    on and on. non of these shells I would be able to buy local.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom