• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    Anyone heard the news story about the Ohio police department that tased and arrested an ATF agent doing “routine” investigations. I literally shouted “ Damn Right” in on my lunch break today. This could be a preview if they come knocking for your pistol brace or polymer80.

Yes that's a wild story there. Thing is, if ATF had a badge dangling around the neck, cops should have seen it and checked it out. Need to actually video to see what really happened

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I read the story, he claims had the badge around his neck when he knocked, but he also says it was in his pocket when the locals arrived.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    He disobeyed a rule people are always told to follow

Comply with the police for your own safety

He kept refusing to get on the ground at the demand of police. Good way to get your ass kicked or get hit with a resisting arrest charge.

SharpShoooter

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 21, 2020
    He disobeyed a rule people are always told to follow

Comply with the police for your own safety

He kept refusing to get on the ground at the demand of police. Good way to get your ass kicked or get hit with a resisting arrest charge.

Right
    And the ATF agent, aside from know how he should by profession, but knowing he was basically in civilian clothes should know to just simply follow the cops orders. Lay down, then show ID, simple

Now the agent knows what regular citizens have to go through when dealing with some local police....

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    Anyone heard the news story about the Ohio police department that tased and arrested an ATF agent doing “routine” investigations. I literally shouted “ Damn Right” in on my lunch break today. This could be a preview if they come knocking for your pistol brace or polymer80.

https://youtu.be/EvMWVNLBb8w

That ATF agent was most likely looking for weapons to confiscate, without a warrant, and then sell to get money for his “wine collecting” activities.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

https://youtu.be/EvMWVNLBb8w

If y'all want a bit more detail, from the story the YouTuber referenced ...

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news...s-police-officers-excessive-force/6505667002/

When Burk [the ATF agent] knocked on the door of the home, a person inside called 911 and read the dispatcher Burk's badge number while refusing to open the door.

According to the lawsuit, this happens routinely and Burk had never had any issue with dispatchers or officers verifying his status as an ATF agent on assignment.

However, in this instance, Burk said the dispatcher told the 911 caller not to answer the door and dispatched Columbus police officers Joseph Fihe, a 20-year member of the division, and Kevin Winchell, who is also a 20-year veteran officer.

"When Fihe arrived at the scene, Agent Burk stood outside the home's front door and waved the officer over to where he was standing," the lawsuit said. "Even though Agent Burk had both hands raised and had represented that he is a federal agent, officer Fihe immediately drew his weapon and pointed it ... while simultaneously screaming at (Burk) to get on the ground."

The lawsuit said Burk told Fihe and Winchell, who arrived a short time later and also drew his gun while ordering Burk to the ground, that his credentials were in his pocket.

Fihe pointed his firearm at Burk for more than 90 seconds, according to the lawsuit, before both Fihe and Winchell "climbed on his back while violently twisting and pulling his arms to handcuff him."

The lawsuit said the officers also used a Taser on Burk multiple times while he was face down and "not evading arrest" before handcuffing Burk and placing him in the back of a cruiser, a process that involved pulling him into the car because a seatbelt was in the way.

After about an hour, during which Burk said he was denied water and "frequently disparaged ... to everyone in earshot" by Fihe, Burk was released without charges.

"Agent Burk acted lawfully and posed no immediate threat to officers Fihe and Winchell or anyone else," the lawsuit said. "Agent Burk did not resist the officers, attempt to flee from their custody or display any physical aggressiveness towards them."

The lawsuit said body cameras captured much of the incident and that the footage was shared within CPD for no apparent purpose.

Burk has since moved to an administrative role within ATF because of the incident and injuries, both physical and psychological, Burk says he suffered.

"I've got a health condition" .. how many times do law enforcement officers hear that when they try to affect an arrest? That would instantly make me think this guy was an imposter. Police officers know better than to say things like that. Just get on the ground and do what you're told and this whole incident would be over in seconds. What a moron

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    "I've got a health condition" .. how many times do law enforcement officers hear that when they try to affect an arrest? That would instantly make me think this guy was an imposter. Police officers know better than to say things like that. Just get on the ground and do what you're told and this whole incident would be over in seconds. What a moron

Watch an episode of Cops or Live PD

My leg hurts, my arm hurts, you're choking me, my wrists hurt

I swear it's all just a ploy to claim injury for lawsuit later

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom