• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    Like many, I like Tylers. I did my HQL there and bought my first half dozen firearms there. Even learned about this forum from them. I've gotten some exotic things at Duffy's. My last few have been from Freestate, just b/c something catches my eye on the way out of the range.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Tyler Firearms is a great shop as is Engage, Atlantic, and SCSG. I honestly don't get around too much so my knowledge of the shops is smaller than many.

Not an IP here but Top Gun in Fallston is nice. Super friendly helpful staff.

dleary13115

Jan 10, 2011
    Baltimore County
    I remember Christian Soldier,, never been to his shop but i think hes been out of the game for a few years.

Last time I visited was like 2011. It had “inconvenient ” hours, but was a fun little old-school shop. I invited the guy working the counter to come hunt deer on my property (heck, mighta been the owner for all I knew). He bagged one too later that year with a .50cal muzzle loader.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Last time I visited was like 2011. It had “inconvenient ” hours, but was a fun little old-school shop. I invited the guy working the counter to come hunt deer on my property (heck, mighta been the owner for all I knew). He bagged one too later that year with a .50cal muzzle loader.

Owner was a city firefighter so the store schedule was basically when he was available

cmb

Dec 28, 2012
    Conowingo MD
    Wife and I took our HQL classes at Tactical Shepherd in Rising Sun. Owner Mel Adam is solid and professional.We're 2 miles from our closest LGS but TS at 15 miles away, is our FFL from now on. We were just there last evening so Wife could do her final paper work for her 7 day wait.She's buying a Walther Q-5. I used them when I bought my HK VP-9 last month. We have no reason to use another shop.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Too bad.

They've been a very positive force for 2A in Maryland, bringing and winning numerous lawsuits against the ridiculous legislation emanating from Annapolis.

Considering this is your first post, slamming a business that has supported the firearms community in Maryland for three generations, you might want to try to find something positive to say here.

It’s my 5000000 post and i have never had a good experience there either (Rockville store). I’m glad others have. I also get they have to pay rent but they have done a few inexcusable things and no price gouging is not on my list of inexcusable. I hope they make money and wish them the best but i will always recommend engage and United over them to people on our area looking for items.

Funny thing is i liked the silver spring store. Had two good helpful experiences.

Old Rockville.......YUCK

I do hope they prosper as a local shop though, just won’t be off my cash.

KRC

Sep 30, 2018
    Cecil County MD
    Molly's - Quick to raise prices when shortages happen. You decide if that's okay or not.

Eveland Arms (new small gunshop/sporting goods store in Earleville, Cecil Co.) - I'm doing an internet /purchase FFl transfer. Buddy has been very helpful.
    Limited store hours.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I remember Christian Soldier,, never been to his shop but i think hes been out of the game for a few years.

Been gone for a while now.

Funny story about that place-I'd been away from Maryland for about 15 years. When I came back my son and I dropped by Christian Soldier one day just to look around. He was busy helping someone and there was 2 or 3 other people in their too, so with my son and I the place was packed to the gills! The owner's Father was sitting ona stool behind the counter and I talked to him for a few minutes while my son window shopped. I grabbed a card before we left and as we were leaving I kept thinking I knew the guy I was talking to from somewhere. After about an hour it came to me and I happened to look at the card and realized that I had gone to High School with the owner. When my son, son-in-law and I built our first AR's later that year we went and bought the lowers from him.
    Small world.

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    I have had good experiences with Cooters, Engage has been very helpful, Md Elite , and Duffys, both good experiences.
    I had a strange experience with The Trading Post,
    my lower , was shipped to a home up the street from him. Apparently, the fed ex driver signed for it.
    The lower was hand delivered to The Trading Post the next day .No complaints from any of the vendors I mentioned.

Last edited:

MaicoBill

MDS Supporter
    Aug 17, 2020
    Oh, plus, I just had a lower delivered to the Guntry,
    Extremely easy transaction. You make a appointment with them. Saves time in the long run .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom