• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Looking at a CMP Garand online and they have the bore listed as:

"BORE IS WHITE"

Is that a typo? Never heard "white" used to describe a bore's condition?

Maybe they meant to say "BRIGHT"?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.53.11 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 4.53.11 PM.png
      7.2 KB · Views: 376

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Sounds like a nice rifle with wartime reciever and parts description 42 thru 45
    Barrel # is interesting with some of the numbers in line with a LMR??? some one knowledgeable would know. good muzzle-DOD stock sounds like a decent rifle

The serial number puts it as an early 1945 receiver. If I'm not wrong, the barrel is February 1955.

It's on CMP's auction site where they normally put the nicer / more desirable M1s.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Has nice stock ferrule and hand guard clip, breech is unfinished-bright later style gas cylinder lock. Bet it climbs up with the others. The completed auctions that I glanced at were all around 3k average.
    I seen barreled action for 900 at final on one page.
    20 years ago a rifle like that may have come to someone luck of the draw.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    Has nice stock ferrule and hand guard clip, breech is unfinished-bright later style gas cylinder lock. Bet it climbs up with the others. The completed auctions that I glanced at were all around 3k average.
    I seen barreled action for 900 at final on one page.
    20 years ago a rifle like that may have come to someone luck of the draw.

I also have a CMP order in for a Special-Rack but due to USPS delays, I'm not sure if my order made it in before they sold out.

I may just suck it up and try and get an auction one and be done with it.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    I also have a CMP order in for a Special-Rack but due to USPS delays, I'm not sure if my order made it in before they sold out.

I may just suck it up and try and get an auction one and be done with it.

I would wait, they'll come through for you. You never know if it when through admin and then they sold out on you before shipped they may hook you up with a WIn or something.
    They are known for doing right. Virus has everyone wacked up and I bet they're going to the letter because of what they do. 501 guns and all that.

Keep your eyes on the forum WTS one will turn up you like. I just bought a bunch of 03 parts when I clicked on the auction to see the rifle you posted about.
    I bought so much good stuff off of there its not even funny.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    I would wait, they'll come through for you. You never know if it when through admin and then they sold out on you before shipped they may hook you up with a WIn or something.
    They are known for doing right. Virus has everyone wacked up and I bet they're going to the letter because of what they do. 501 guns and all that.

Keep your eyes on the forum WTS one will turn up you like. I just bought a bunch of 03 parts when I clicked on the auction to see the rifle you posted about.

Thank - you are probably right.

I just joined the CMP forum this evening but I guess my account hasn't been approved yet.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore

:thumbsup: ^^^ this. You probably made it, if not they will do you right. The forum seems to take a few days to get approved.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Which forum WTS were you reeling to? Here on MDS or the CMP Forum? I couldn't find a WTS section on there.

CMP forum. Parts and rifles /gear will show up on the regular forum. On the home page scroll down to the market place and you see parts for sale bolt action/m14 /Garand/ carbine etc.
    Somebody just had a nice 7.65 Argentine for 575.oo and it got snagged by the second respondent. Forum rules are Ill take it means first dibs.
    Some stuff goes quick others will hang a round for a bit.
    The feedback thread needs checked out too. After you spend time on there you'll become familiar with a lot of the sellers and what they offer.
    Every once in a while a popular garand seller who is a member here will do a parts sale.Odds -ends good stuff First class parts- description and transactions. Haven't seen anything from him in awhile hope he's ok-lots of knowledge with that one.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    CMP forum. Parts and rifles /gear will show up on the regular forum. On the home page scroll down to the market place and you see parts for sale bolt action/m14 /Garand/ carbine etc.
    Somebody just had a nice 7.65 Argentine for 575.oo and it got snagged by the second respondent. Forum rules are Ill take it means first dibs.
    Some stuff goes quick others will hang a round for a bit.
    The feedback thread needs checked out too. After you spend time on there you'll become familiar with a lot of the sellers and what they offer.
    Every once in a while a popular garand seller who is a member here will do a parts sale.Odds -ends good stuff First class parts- description and transactions. Haven't seen anything from him in awhile hope he's ok-lots of knowledge with that one.

Thanks. I appreciate the info and help.

I am new to Garands - just starting to learn about them and I'm looking to add one to my collection :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom